Holla trails

Helpmytrap

Absolutely right. We normally meet first at the car park, use the honesty box and get our number boards, then 1 car takes the riders up to the start.

Not 100% sure of your sneak, Nic, but there are so many routes in, and depending how frisky you feel, you can cross a few valleys before even reaching the Umhlali or Umvoti gateways.

The place should be called the Hills of a Thousand Valleys.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Holla has around 300km of marked trail, ranging from easy 15k ride to an 86km ride with 2200m vertical gain, the red route is 30km's with of some of the best single track I've ever ridden, the yellow is 45 kms with great single track, purple is 25 kays of good fun, the marroon is 30 kays with some tough climbs, then there is the blue 25kays of great all round ridding, showers at the trail head, really well worth the visit, happy to join you for a ride, that's my valley and I'm lucky enough to live 4kays from Holla, you will have to try really hard to find better all round riding in SA tha Holla. The red route was featured in the most recent Tread mag.

Giba is also legendary, a must do.

www.hollatrails.co.za or find them on Facebook.

The South Coast has oribi gorge which is awesome and Burry does plenty group rides down the South Coast, follow him on twitter for info.

What Mackie fails to mention about the red Route is its super tough, although the singletrack is sublime, prepare to K@k off, also watchout for the hairpins on the downhill , they come pretty fast and are deceptivly difficult.

Was there about 7 times this dec holiday and loved it, Kudos to the propriators.

• 6 years later...

Resurrect!

We're heading to Ballito this weekend and hoping to go ride. The last few times I've left for an adventure the trails were closed, burned down (Garden Route Trail Park) or not maintained (Magoebaskloof Trails), so this time I'm asking around first. 

Is everything still kicking at Holla?
Still safe to ride if it's only two of us?

We're keen to do a long ride 40+km. Recommended routes? 

Resurrect!

We're heading to Ballito this weekend and hoping to go ride. The last few times I've left for an adventure the trails were closed, burned down (Garden Route Trail Park) or not maintained (Magoebaskloof Trails), so this time I'm asking around first. 

Definitely still safe for two of you.

Try the Red/Pink route or even the yellow. 

There's a map and the trail centre will be able to assist as well.

Hi Ricardo.

I can highly recommend Holla trails, if you have visited before a few years ago you will be surprised at the improvements from trails to facilities.

I have ridden on my own before but normally two of us and feel perfectly safe. I would recommend pink as it has a bit of everything (29km) or yellow (49km) but is more through the sugar cane.

As far as I remember you have to full out a indemnity form which you can do on line, so saves doing it there.

Enjoy... 

Resurrect!

I ride there alone frequently. There's never been an issues in 5 years.

Pink route is a must, red too. I'd do a red and then a silver to make a pretty solid 40km loop. 

Since Jasper has taken over Holla has become amazing. Epic trails with some great features. Very well maintained and marked. Pity my bike is on a ship otherwise I'd offer to join you

Edited by GrahamS2