2013 94.7 - Here's 5 things I wouldn't mind seeing next year

Andymann

Every year the organisers put on a great show, so this isn't a rant! - I just came up with a few things which I think might be worth looking at - feel free to add, or flame at will!

1. Seeding – this always seems like a bit of a hot potato. I suggest make a list of the 5(?) main seeding cycle races which will be used for the 94.7. Then make the list you use for seeding the groups public. That way, if you do all five seeding races and your average seeding percentage of all 5 is say 25%, you can then match that percentage to the group seeding list and you will quickly see what group you will be starting in. If you only do part of the five seeding races, then you can expect to be dropped down a bunch, or two. That should solve a lot of headaches regarding seeding, and give people a goal to work towards.

2. While on the subject of seeding, perhaps include some MTB races as well as a few Multi-Sport races into the seeding criteria – I know a top-10 ladies Ironman finisher and Elite Tri-athlete who was seeded in H – purely because in preparation for ultra distance events, cycle races are done as a “time in the saddle” issue, and not a fastest finishing time issue – 94.7 excluded of course!!!

3. Most 94.7 competitors I know are super-competitive. Why not offer something for the winner of each batch right down to Batch SS – an acknowledgment on their finisher certificate, or even an exemption from the following year’s entry fee?

4. Maybe a separate batch for Single Speed and MTB’s who want to claim bragging rights as the fastest MTB or SS?

5. With the MTB race now a week earlier, what about a prize for the fastest combined MTB-Road time? There should be more than enough time to add some sort of sticker to the road race pack, to identify you as a combined time rider, or even a link to the entries, where you can select that you will be participating in the combined time competition.

Just my thoughts.....I attribute it to 94.7 withdrawal symptoms!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Seeding races are known in advance
  2. Ride the seeding races
  3. Agreed
  4. SS hardmen need geared folk to achieve best time so seperate category but not seperate batch.
  5. Greeen sticker already available but I'm not aware of a prize.

Make sure all riders are chipped.

No ipods

I agree .My mtb SAS seeding is B and i was seeded in group mm .I would love to see how the other mtb roadies or SS people did with the 94.7.I am not planning to buy a roadbike to do one race a year

+1000000

my vote too...the number of knobs with headphones is astonishing. they should also allow our MTB seeding to count...then i wouldnt have started at the back

my vote too...the number of knobs with headphones is astonishing. they should also allow our MTB seeding to count...then i wouldnt have started at the back

But next year you'll move up based on this years' result. I don't think it's fair to use MTB results for road and vice versa. Imagine the uproar if you find roadies in A batch at MTN or Nissan event.

MTB seeding is A , these clowns seeded me in NN eek.gif

It is quite easy (and not expensive) to get re-seeded on the basis that you are not a run-of-the-mill entrant.

I know when I needed it they looked at criteria outside the seeding races.

But next year you'll move up based on this years' result. I don't think it's fair to use MTB results for road and vice versa. Imagine the uproar if you find roadies in A batch at MTN or Nissan event.

i can understand that..but acknowledge i have some fitness and dont stick me in PP

No Triathlon bikes. Saw a number of them out there. Again, just dangerous.

No jokes...had a guy on my wheel in tri position on the section by the chicken farm. funny as hell

3. Most 94.7 competitors I know are super-competitive. Why not offer something for the winner of each batch right down to Batch SS – an acknowledgment on their finisher certificate, or even an exemption from the following year’s entry fee?

Could work, but you'd have to enforce some kind of rule that says if you drop down from your assigned batch, you're not eligible, otherwise you'd get guys dropping from A down to, say, G, just to win some prize money.

i can understand that..but acknowledge i have some fitness and dont stick me in PP

Agreed but then you should be allowed to enter SAS number on entry and not have to pay for re-seeding.

Could work, but you'd have to enforce some kind of rule that says if you drop down from your assigned batch, you're not eligible, otherwise you'd get guys dropping from A down to, say, G, just to win some prize money.

That makes sense - you need to start in the group you were seeded in originally. No prize money - just give the winner a free entry to next year...