Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Is it only me, or are the groups a bit too big for such a flattish race; especially through the technical sections through Paarl. Very hairy.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some work into the wind at the front in that second A group and it is silly how some guys go screaming past and then die horribly right in front of you... but there are some who do it really smoothly... thumbup1.gif I'm fairly sure, simply cos they are doing it, that they know who they are!! smile.png

Good to know there were so many Hubbers in that second A group

Thor - well done for helping pull that massive group thumbup1.gif . My legs just wasn't there for most of the race so I was just wheelsucking in the bunch doing my best not to get dropped, not very proud of not doing my part in the front but it just wasn't my day (at least I just dodged the big crash)

Saw Tubehunter in the RE:CM kit racing past me close to the finish and Leg Breaker sorry about the crash, but well done for getting up and finishing the race (maybe you need to change your Hub nick for some better luck ph34r.png )

Its really sad about the falls in the A bunch! u would think the guys are experienced enough to ride a straight line! Was in B and we picked up quit a few guys from A after the 1st fall.

We also had a stupid idiot that tried to grab drinks from the last water point while riding, someone fell bad there also!

But otherwise rode a good race, did 02:32:06, came 26th out 253. Cant wait to get my Argus seeding now!

How did you guys times compare to last year?

Faster.

Elites roll in a few minutes better than 2011.

No South Easter howling, but a friendly north wester blowing towards the finish line.

92km TT from X! No help and only myself for company......Was good to chill and chat to Flymango for a while in Paarl tho.

To the dude riding the insane On-One SS - man that was one awesome machine!

You were looking strong there. I did say you'd catch me at Wellington.

Beer tent. I'll be waiting for my wife who insists on doing the race. On her MTB. She's driving ...

Well, today I ate humble pie and have to salute my wife.

I finished in 3.31 (on my road bike), feeling very chuffed with myself. Go to the beer tent, wait in the queue, and reckon I'll buy two beers as my wife will be about 4.30 on her MTB with knoblies and she started 20 minutes after me. Get my beers, sit down at a table - here's my wife!! eek.gif I only beat her by 2 minutes!!!! blink.png blush.png Phew, that was close.

I went down in the A group crash 10km from the finish. At first the crash happened just behind me and i thought i was lucky to escape that, but then a youngster next to me decides to look back to see what happened. His bike swings straight into mine planting his pedal into my front wheel, over the handlebars i went and landed hard flat on my back. A few other riders then came down too.

Front wheel destroyed and it was race over for me. Such a pity, was heading for a great finishing time. Tomorrow i'm going to be sore thats for sure.

I finished in 3.31 (on my road bike), feeling very chuffed with myself. Go to the beer tent, wait in the queue, and reckon I'll buy two beers as my wife will be about 4.30 on her MTB with knoblies and she started 20 minutes after me. Get my beers, sit down at a table - here's my wife!! eek.gif I only beat her by 2 minutes!!!! blink.png blush.png Phew, that was close.

I wanna meet your wife! Sounds like super woman! :)

Buy your wife some champagne!clap.gif

Good to know there were so many Hubbers in that second A group

Thor - well done for helping pull that massive group thumbup1.gif . My legs just wasn't there for most of the race so I was just wheelsucking in the bunch doing my best not to get dropped, not very proud of not doing my part in the front but it just wasn't my day (at least I just dodged the big crash)

Saw Tubehunter in the RE:CM kit racing past me close to the finish and Leg Breaker sorry about the crash, but well done for getting up and finishing the race (maybe you need to change your Hub nick for some better luck ph34r.png )

Haha, Probably good idea. The second group was massive, i think the Front of the B bunch joined the back of the A group. Was way to big. The crash up Hells Hoogte split the group very quickly.

I wanna meet your wife! Sounds like super woman! smile.png

And it was only her second road race. Pure MTBer at heart. Does a lot of running for cross training. As they say in Afrikaans, "my kakkies is geboek!".

I went down in the A group crash 10km from the finish. At first the crash happened just behind me and i thought i was lucky to escape that, but then a youngster next to me decides to look back to see what happened. His bike swings straight into mine planting his pedal into my front wheel, over the handlebars i went and landed hard flat on my back. A few other riders then came down too.

Front wheel destroyed and it was race over for me. Such a pity, was heading for a great finishing time. Tomorrow i'm going to be sore thats for sure.

I think that was me. I was involved in the main crash. The guy in front of me took out two other riders and they all fell onto my wheel so i had to fall. Sorry about your crash. Was no way i could have moved out the way while falling.