Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

I rode in $, but didn't really do any racing upfront. Wanted to take the last race a bit "easier" and take up everything.

Some of you might've seen my splits from last year and below is from this year:

7km - 15 minutes - 28km/h - 1st Darren Lill and then the first group after him must have done around 13 - 14 minutes.

23km - 31 minutes - 45km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

30km - 46 minutes - 39km/h

32km - 39 minutes - 49km/h

92km - 131 minutes - 42km/h

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys getting paid by 32GI or something? I'm glad if it works for you, but I honestly can't believe that a supplement could be the main reason behind your success.

I'm pretty sure your training and conditioning have a hell of a lot more to do with your results than what you ate a few days before or during the event.

Majority training and conditioning for sure!

But I felt a distinct difference using the 32GI than using Game (which I love still). I haven't really tried any other products to compare, but a big up for this one.thumbup1.gif

I had a very disappointing Burger experience, but have only myself to blame

Started in D group and had a fantastic start. Was on target and probably doing better time than expected. 3km after the T junction turning to Paarl my front wheel overlapped with a rider in front of me and I snapped 4 spokes. Rookie error. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!! Guess what I won't be doing again.

Anyway, so I pulled over and started walking back to the drinks station. Capcha drove past and offered me a lift. Thanks Capcha, you are a legend. Two lifts in two rides. thumbup1.gif

At the drinks station another guy stops, also from D group, with a buckled rear wheel. So I give him my rear wheel, so at least one of us can ride. Well done on finishing with a 3h05.

Then I helped a lady replace her tube. She lost her pump on the ride and I offered to use one of my bombs. Not thinking and still upset, I installed the bomb with the valve open. Doh (headslap moment) OK so we decided to try a second bomb. That went better and she was on her way.

Another gentlemen struggled to replace his wheel, so I went to help him and soon he was on his way too.

It was nice to play mechanic while waiting for my wife to come and collect me. She is a legend! Disappointment is a difficult emotion to deal with, but you sure learn a lot from it. Looking forward to complete my first Burger long ride in 2013.

Are you guys getting paid by 32GI or something? I'm glad if it works for you, but I honestly can't believe that a supplement could be the main reason behind your success.

I'm pretty sure your training and conditioning have a hell of a lot more to do with your results than what you ate a few days before or during the event.

Not giving 32Gi all the credit, but I must admit that I'm not as committed to my training as I used to be, and do not put as much time in anymore.

What the main reason is for using 32Gi for me, is the fact that when I'm using another supplement (and I've tried most of them) is that I suffere from bad headaches afterwards. Since using 32Gi for the last year and a bit, I do not get any headaches after a hard ride / race anymore.

For me that is enough reason to use it.

Must admit I was dubious at first but it has made a huge difference from a nutrition point of view. Yes training has made the largest impact but I am sold on the positive effects of 32Gi on my riding. much more pleasant. Might be a placebo effect but it seems to be working and hence I am not complaining.

By the way. Any recommendations of where I can get my wheel fixed up in Cape Town. Mavic Aksium front wheel

Majority training and conditioning for sure!

But I felt a distinct difference using the 32GI than using Game (which I love still). I haven't really tried any other products to compare, but a big up for this one.thumbup1.gif

Well, I had beer from Windhoek the night before, and my times were so much better than a few months ago when I was drinking Black Label.

So, even though I still love me some Black Label, I'm giving a big up to Windhoek for their excellent product! thumbup1.gif

i also used 32GI that i bought the day before at the local pharmacy...i must agree with your statement there, i think it was awesome!! i will DEFINATELY be using it more often...thumbup1.gif

Used 32GI for the first time in the race - awesome stuff!

Remember to always use new products in training before race day. I used a pack of gel blocks and two bottles Endurance of 32Gi. I normally have a low gi bar halfway . The banana, date bar from Woolies is good.

Well, I had beer from Windhoek the night before, and my times were so much better than a few months ago when I was drinking Black Label.

So, even though I still love me some Black Label, I'm giving a big up to Windhoek for their excellent product! thumbup1.gif

laugh.png Funny!

Well I use 32GI because I am in the pre-diabetic catagoryeek.gif If I use anything with too much sugar, I get headaches after the race and feel real crapthumbdown.gif

All you cyclists that did under 2h30 92, you must be freaks! Well done, but at 46 I don't think I will ever see that time.

BTW, on the way back to the school from the finish, my laaitie starts riding no-hands and does a Forrest Gump run. I almost freaked thinking he's gonna fall and make a fool of himself. I didn't know he could do that. Only 4 months ago he asked me how to ride no-hands. Makes me wonder what he and his mates gets up to during the day.

The trip on the R44 was scary. People were on the white line. Big trucks and cars screaming past did'nt make it pleasant at all.

I saw a guy on the R44 on the rollers before Klamuts, refusing to go into the yellow line with no one before him. Everyone had to pass him either on the inside or on the right, making it more dangerous to pass! Some of the cars on the road also didn't care for the cyclists!

I had a very disappointing Burger experience, but have only myself to blame

Started in D group and had a fantastic start. Was on target and probably doing better time than expected. 3km after the T junction turning to Paarl my front wheel overlapped with a rider in front of me and I snapped 4 spokes. Rookie error. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!! Guess what I won't be doing again.

Anyway, so I pulled over and started walking back to the drinks station. Capcha drove past and offered me a lift. Thanks Capcha, you are a legend. Two lifts in two rides. thumbup1.gif

At the drinks station another guy stops, also from D group, with a buckled rear wheel. So I give him my rear wheel, so at least one of us can ride. Well done on finishing with a 3h05.

Then I helped a lady replace her tube. She lost her pump on the ride and I offered to use one of my bombs. Not thinking and still upset, I installed the bomb with the valve open. Doh (headslap moment) OK so we decided to try a second bomb. That went better and she was on her way.

Another gentlemen struggled to replace his wheel, so I went to help him and soon he was on his way too.

It was nice to play mechanic while waiting for my wife to come and collect me. She is a legend! Disappointment is a difficult emotion to deal with, but you sure learn a lot from it. Looking forward to complete my first Burger long ride in 2013.

True spirit of cycling - well done on helping others out when your day didn't go well. thumbup1.gif