Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain the gear restrictions?

Juniors and lower age groups are restricted to gear ratios. As mentioned juniors cannot use a gear ratio bigger than 53 chainring with 14 rear sprocket. In other words he cannot use a 53x13 or lower teeth count. There are other applicable ratios for lower age groups. The front chainring number is divided by the rear number and multiplied by the wheel circumference if I remember correctly.

Edited by MCipollini

Why is that though? So they dont burn out? And is this just applicable to league riders?

Technically its supposed to apply to any UCI sanctioned ride but PPA like all events don't enforce this due to it being a mission to do.It is enforced at League on a spot check method. It is enforced at at all National Level

It is in place to avoid the youngsters burning out and hurting themselves by damaging their knees etc. Medical doctors on the hub welcome to fill in the blanks here.

And to nitpick but the limit is 52x14

Missed you out there Az! At least this time I didn't fade towards the end and took 3rd place in my group :D

i'm confussed now, I thought i took 3rd?

Nice one pipd me on the line my leadout for ladies wasn't good enuf damn. No brownie points for me

LOL!!! The look on your face was priceless when you went for the sprint only to realise all of us jumped with you, you were so shocked you forgot to sprint the remaining 5-10meters.

Pics up in next hour. Go ahead...have a smile smile.png

You got any of the racing ladies (%) bunch? More specific, AllanGray kit, Red and white bike, white head tube bicycle.

i'm confussed now, I thought i took 3rd?

LOL! If you are the Isaac that is listed ahead of me on the GC and after me in the % bunch standings - I did finish ahead of you :P Nice race though thumbup1.gif

LOL! If you are the Isaac that is listed ahead of me on the GC and after me in the % bunch standings - I did finish ahead of you :P Nice race though thumbup1.gif

LOL, yeah that's me, I thought I finished 4th, but racetec mats must've registered my chip before yours. That's was a mad/messy sprint though.

Well the D-group was firing yesterdaythumbup1.gif Was 10 bike lenghts off the pace @ the top of Hells, dropped my one domestique (C-rider) chasing my other domestique (B-rider) who was with the front runners- took me 6kilos to hook onto the back of the front runners again- caught them just before Boschendal. Before Paarl we caught a big group of C riders, at that stage about 200 riders in the pack. Cruised leka all the way to Swellington and was blown back to Stellies by the windclap.gif It was big blade stuff the entire race, took the turn back upto Hells towards the finish and we we like 10-15 B, C & D riders with 2kilos to go-with some idiot shouting "So who is going to jump". Was way to early and everyone kept calm until the last 500m. Went on the outside and ended up being beaten by 3 guys by one second for the honours in the D group. Ended up with a time of 2h37.

Was my first race with 32GI in 2 years and must say the stuff rocks big timethumbup1.gif

D group was awesome yes.

I jumped from the gun. Wanted to get to the front by the top of Helz to reduce the risk of coming off at 75km/h. I was also one of the 8 at the end, but sat up and made sure I got out of the way of any sprinting heroics.

2:37 for an improvement of 30mins from last year

LOL, yeah that's me, I thought I finished 4th, but racetec mats must've registered my chip before yours. That's was a mad/messy sprint though.

Check it out though - in 'All' results you are ahead of me but in the % group only results, I am ahead of you....... must be an age before beauty thing :P

Check it out though - in 'All' results you are ahead of me but in the % group only results, I am ahead of you....... must be an age before beauty thing :P

Okay.

For a relatively small management fee, I can organize a rematch.

PM me if you're keen.

:-D

Okay.

For a relatively small management fee, I can organize a rematch.

PM me if you're keen.

I have a rematch - he who pulls lowest wins......... you know what I am referring to devil.gif

I have a rematch - he who pulls lowest wins......... you know what I am referring to devil.gif