Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Retreating to the back.

Flying from the back with massive speed advantage and breaking off the front with any challengers unable to grab one's rear wheel.

thanks for that explanation, a pity I have to wait till 2013 to test it.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was on the R44 on the hill after Windmeul (over the flat and down the other side). I went to the front on the decent for a while and pulled a little gap - about 10m, but then one of the strong riders on the front pulled the bunch towards us - was just before one of the ladies attacked.

aaah huh, perfect timing right after I just busted my balls for the bunch, as you can see from that pic i posted where you appear in front, I was about to be dropped & was in the hurt box for every roller after that, while you were smiling at the camera, LOL!

aaah huh, perfect timing right after I just busted my balls for the bunch, as you can see from that pic i posted where you appear in front, I was about to be dropped & was in the hurt box for every roller after that, while you were smiling at the camera, LOL!

LOL! That was a smile (more like a grimace) for the camera. After that it was back to grunting and grinding at the pedals. My legs were screaming at me and I had to dig deep when the ladies attacked up that climb after Klapmuts. I just hung on but guess the rest used the downhill after the climb to catch up again.

thanks for that explanation, a pity I have to wait till 2013 to test it.

Good luck, man.

It takes a couple of matches in a race situation, me think...

Not complaining. Stating facts. Always amazes me how riders can sit in the safety of the bunch, do no work and then moan that the pace wasn't high enough and their time could have been better. All in a non league race racing for 200th position!

A bit like the South Africa we live in: not enough werkers.

petatodd what kit were you wearing?

autograph this?

post-16079-0-76586800-1354626001_thumb.jpg

That's into the northwester rolling past Nelson's Creek. Good work!

What bunch was that, Banesto?

Well, going up Helz, they were setting the pace - I passed them at the barrier on the left and just sat with them (I think - didn't look back really). On the road towards Paarl and Wellington they sat in the bunch, just chilling. The top 3 did some work on the way back, but not a lot - more about keeping on the front and staying safe. It was on the return leg that they started attacking on the climbs - power to weight ratio came into play.

Ladies did sweet jack the entire race i.e. no work, our 1st mistake was letting them dictate the pace up hels, they were basically climbing in their own comfort zone & from what it looked like just staying out of trouble, the guys including myself should've come forward & split the bunch up hels, I personally didn't think i would survive over with the bunch hence I was just sitting round about 7th spot going up, in hindsight had I known I was going to be feeling so good that day I would've hammered up there.After we went through the gates & reached the top of new hels, the top 3 ladies were all in front & they basically sat up, satisfied that they reached the top together, out of harms way, with none of their lady competitors breaking away, I then decided to drive the pace down hels alone & through Piniel with the help of a few guys, otherwise our time would've been much slower.

Ladies did sweet jack the entire race i.e. no work, our 1st mistake was letting them dictate the pace up hels, they were basically climbing in their own comfort zone & from what it looked like just staying out of trouble, the guys including myself should've come forward & split the bunch up hels, I personally didn't think i would survive over with the bunch hence I was just sitting round about 7th spot going up, in hindsight had I known I was going to be feeling so good that day I would've hammered up there.After we went through the gates & reached the top of new hels, the top 3 ladies were all in front & they basically sat up, satisfied that they reached the top together, out of harms way, with none of their lady competitors breaking away, I then decided to drive the pace down hels alone & through Piniel with the help of a few guys, otherwise our time would've been much slower.

No value in ranting about who worked or not, Milky'...

It's a personal choice unless you're in a particular role of servant or protected rider or somethin'.

Ideally, women's PRO racing should be in a separate group. Unfortunately, it's not the case.

No value in ranting about who worked or not, Milky'...

It's a personal choice unless you're in a particular role of servant or protected rider or somethin'.

Ideally, women's PRO racing should be in a separate group. Unfortunately, it's not the case.

I know, it just makes me feel better. Seriously I was just answering the question Ceres asked Tiny.

I know, it just makes me feel better. Seriously I was just answering the question Ceres asked Tiny.

thumbup1.gif