Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

On the front behind the 10 guys doing the work in front of him not in the photo. Everytime the paceline got going it would peter out after the 4 guys and 1 other girl did their turn. But when the final corner came all of a sudden there were 30 guys up for the sprint. This photo just shows what, over on the TDF thread when Cav wins, they call wheel sucking.

I love bike racing.

Well then you would have noticed quite a few times that I was on the front....... even in the 4 man attempted break just after Windmeul on the R44. My legs were dead at the end - with a quad cramp just as I crossed the mats.

wrt the finish line sprint, as someone said in a PM a while back, it's race tactics (I bitched in the race thread that he wheel sucked the whole way just to contest the sprint in the end). Pisses me off but not much I can do about it. At least I can say I worked for my time. In the PPA alphabet soup, it's finish time that counts, in league, position (irrespective of time). That's just how the cookie crumbles. That is why the front guys tried to keep the tempo high - dropped the weaker wheel suckers.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is it.

hehe! I was just happy I was still strong enough to be there - after a bad Burger route recce 2 weeks before.

hehe! I was just happy I was still strong enough to be there - after a bad Burger route recce 2 weeks before.

DC made us strong.... we were still racing with ladies tho, bunch of pansies us folk :P

DC made us strong.... we were still racing with ladies tho, bunch of pansies us folk tongue.png

I think if given the chance, those 3 ladies would give some guys in the $ bunch a run for their money....... high power to weight ratio.

DC made us strong.... we were still racing with ladies tho, bunch of pansies us folk tongue.png

Dude, you ride without gloves? How does your hands manage?

Dude, you ride without gloves? How does your hands manage?

Gloves are for if u fall. I've experience this first hand(excuse the pun)....cape cobra.... it's quite nice riding without gloves to be honest

Edited by Meezo

I see team Aayuni made it on the front page of todays Burger newspaper.... in action pulling a peleton..... thumbup1.gif

post-9580-0-20540600-1354559750_thumb.jpg

DC teammates, one a fellow hubber @banesto

Thats a big bunch!!!

dunno what i was doing with my mouth, whistling/making strange noises

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/meezo1/IMG_5658.jpg

Edited by Meezo

I remember Allan Gray kit. will take a look for you and let u know in the morning. Doing a shoot from 04:30 in the morning on a wine farm so just remind me should i forget.

Got me thanks! Bottom of first page's upload and top of 2nd page's upload...... lemmie know if you have more.

Gloves are for if u fall. I've experience this first hand(excuse the pun)....cape cobra.... it's quite nice riding without gloves to be honest

Also, you don't get a glove tan......

edit: now that I know who you are / what you look like - why didn't you push a little harder. We had a lekke 4 man break at one point.

Edited by Tiny K

edit: now that I know who you are / what you look like - why didn't you push a little harder. We had a lekke 4 man break at one point.

I was part of racing ladies bridging gaps, we shuda broke away. No helpers :ph34r:

Just yanking your derailleurs... :-D

And the bunch winner used a flyer - brilliant bold move.

LOL! I know.

P.S. what is a flyer? Western Flyer perhaps?

where was this 4 man break attempt, how did I miss it? if I had known or even seen it I would've responded & worked with unless of course I was in front most of the time & I seldom look back when I'm in front. In fact the only I time I looked back on Sunday was round about 60kms after I found myself driving the pace for easily 5-10mins/10kms eventually flicking the elbow for someone to come through, I realised nobody was coming through & that is when I looked back just to check if I didn't drop the bunch. To my amazement, sitting my wheel in this order Ashleigh, Sharon, Jenny, Anriette that's when I just pulled over & they were force to work for a short while.

LOL! I know.

P.S. what is a flyer? Western Flyer perhaps?

Retreating to the back.

Flying from the back with massive speed advantage and breaking off the front with any challengers unable to grab one's rear wheel.