Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Retreating to the back.

Flying from the back with massive speed advantage and breaking off the front with any challengers unable to grab one's rear wheel.

Sounds technical....:ph34r:

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where was this 4 man break attempt, how did I miss it? if I had known or even seen it I would've responded & worked with unless of course I was in front most of the time & I seldom look back when I'm in front. In fact the only I time I looked back on Sunday was round about 60kms after I found myself driving the pace for easily 5-10mins/10kms eventually flicking the elbow for someone to come through, I realised nobody was coming through & that is when I looked back just to check if I didn't drop the bunch. To my amazement, sitting my wheel in this order Ashleigh, Sharon, Jenny, Anriette that's when I just pulled over & they were force to work for a short while.

It was on the R44 on the hill after Windmeul (over the flat and down the other side). I went to the front on the decent for a while and pulled a little gap - about 10m, but then one of the strong riders on the front pulled the bunch towards us - was just before one of the ladies attacked.

Sounds technical....ph34r.png

you pretty much sit slip at the back and then, when the time is right, you launch forward using the other riders' draft to gain speed - you end up flying past the front guy and they don't have a chance to latch on....... exactly what the winner of the % bunch did.

Well then you would have noticed quite a few times that I was on the front....... even in the 4 man attempted break just after Windmeul on the R44. My legs were dead at the end - with a quad cramp just as I crossed the mats.

wrt the finish line sprint, as someone said in a PM a while back, it's race tactics (I bitched in the race thread that he wheel sucked the whole way just to contest the sprint in the end). Pisses me off but not much I can do about it. At least I can say I worked for my time. In the PPA alphabet soup, it's finish time that counts, in league, position (irrespective of time). That's just how the cookie crumbles. That is why the front guys tried to keep the tempo high - dropped the weaker wheel suckers.

Not complaining. Stating facts. Always amazes me how riders can sit in the safety of the bunch, do no work and then moan that the pace wasn't high enough and their time could have been better. All in a non league race racing for 200th position!

A bit like the South Africa we live in: not enough werkers.

Retreating to the back.

Flying from the back with massive speed advantage and breaking off the front with any challengers unable to grab one's rear wheel.

A.K.A. a Dennis Carey special.

Not complaining. Stating facts. Always amazes me how riders can sit in the safety of the bunch, do no work and then moan that the pace wasn't high enough and their time could have been better. All in a non league race racing for 200th position!

Exactly the race was between the ladies...the rest of us % riders were funriders!

To put it correctly, there are enough wekkers just that they are too lazy to do anything ph34r.png

Exactly the race was between the ladies...the rest of us % riders were funriders!

Those PROs are awesome!

Small. Punchy.

The eventual winner was also part of the winning women at the DC, I've heard.

To put it correctly, there are enough wekkers just that they are too lazy to do anything ph34r.png

Howzit Tiny my climbing is not the best so split happended on top of Helz but helped the group catch the main group (%) again burnt a few matches doing so. So stayed near the middle to back of the bunch. Just would like to know how much of the time were the top ladies helping in the front of the group, because every corner we go round where I can see them they always sitting 3rd or 4th wheel.

Howzit Tiny my climbing is not the best so split happended on top of Helz but helped the group catch the main group (%) again burnt a few matches doing so. So stayed near the middle to back of the bunch. Just would like to know how much of the time were the top ladies helping in the front of the group, because every corner we go round where I can see them they always sitting 3rd or 4th wheel.

Well, going up Helz, they were setting the pace - I passed them at the barrier on the left and just sat with them (I think - didn't look back really). On the road towards Paarl and Wellington they sat in the bunch, just chilling. The top 3 did some work on the way back, but not a lot - more about keeping on the front and staying safe. It was on the return leg that they started attacking on the climbs - power to weight ratio came into play.

They were taking it easy on hells.Raced against them in league and believe me Ashley and Sharon could of rode away from the whole bunch on hells if the wanted to.

They were taking it easy on hells.Raced against them in league and believe me Ashley and Sharon could of rode away from the whole bunch on hells if the wanted to.

Was it just me but it seemed Ashleigh looked to be in the hurt box at a couple stages in that race, esp the last 40km

Come now guys, I don't see Spartacus moaning about "wheel suckers"!

It was a good race so let's stay on the positive road...

Naa,thats her normal look.Nothing wrong with letting the competition think you in the hurt box,until the sprint that is.

Well, going up Helz, they were setting the pace - I passed them at the barrier on the left and just sat with them (I think - didn't look back really). On the road towards Paarl and Wellington they sat in the bunch, just chilling. The top 3 did some work on the way back, but not a lot - more about keeping on the front and staying safe. It was on the return leg that they started attacking on the climbs - power to weight ratio came into play.

Amazing how they keep themselves at the front and out of trouble good technical riding I guess. Obviously respected by the men in the front otherwise they would not be let back into the pace line.

I see team Aayuni made it on the front page of todays Burger newspaper.... in action pulling a peleton..... thumbup1.gif

post-9580-0-20540600-1354559750_thumb.jpg

hey, thats me! and my buddy