Cyclist spiking himself on the side of the road

eddy

A good tip.

I run and ride a bit and fish ect, before going out just spray your shoes and peek cap with a bit of insect spray or top of helmet. You never see a bee or fly again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you do test to see if you are allergic to bee stings?

Sync, as a kid I was stung often without any problem and then one day, out of the blue, I went blue....

A good tip.

I run and ride a bit and fish ect, before going out just spray your shoes and peek cap with a bit of insect spray or top of helmet. You never see a bee or fly again.

No good if you are cycling into a bee. It is not attracted to you, you are colliding with it.

No good if you are cycling into a bee. It is not attracted to you, you are colliding with it.
Which happens often in the early spring / summer, especialy when cycling through farmlands as we often do.Luckily I'm not alergic to bee stings, sometimes I just swell up quite a bit.Will look for a photo of my last run in with a bee. Got stung on the chin, looked like Mike Tyson got hold of me.

Edited by Wannabe

Just out of interest, if you had gone into AS, how should a passer by help you?

Stop the first car and get you to the closest emergency room or doctors office - call ahead if possible to let them know you are coming to prepare themselves.

Support symptomatically - so primarily breathing support would be needed.

A good reason to wear an emergency ID band when you ride - especially if you know you are allergic to something.

I suffer from EIA (Excercise Induced Asthma) and almost religiously carry an inhaler with me when I ride (almost never gets used during a ride though) and I have on 2 occasions (in 20 years) used the inhaler to assist bee sting victims (both allergic, but did not know) on the Spruit to keep airways open while getting them to medical care - it is better than nothing....

A good tip.

What spray? Just good old Doom?

Can you do test to see if you are allergic to bee stings?

Yes - Ask your GP to get it arranged - do the whole family too.

Edit - Just because you are not allergic now, does not mean that you cannot become more sensitive at a later date - this does happen sometimes.

Edited by V12man

its triggered by a protein, so it would surely be the strain of yeast. Unless there's something else the brewers are putting into the mix... whistling.gif

Thanx for that info. We can may be do some research. Best part is she didn't suspect the beer at the time so still finished off the last bit before sneezing and wheezing her way to the doc.

Mate who also brews suspects yeast. Said most homebrew guys don't filter so you get quite a lot of "wet" yeast hence the reason bread would not trigger it.

Google time

Will look for a photo of my last run in with a bee. Got stung on the chin, looked like Mike Tyson got hold of me.

Well, what do you expect if you call yourself Wanna bee ...........;-)

Well, what do you expect if you call yourself Wanna bee ...........;-)

biggrin.png

Edited by Wannabe

Glad you are okay Mr Merckx. wink.png

I'm fortunately only slightly allergic so carry only antihistamine.

My dr says not good enough...must combine with cortisone