My new AM BIKE!!!

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

YAY!

So I finally sold my DH bike (sniff) and bought the latest addition to the stable. Picked it up from Action earlier this week, and started building it up immediately.

It's a 2010 Reign X (large) and this will be a quick tour of my new sled.

Here she is as a naked frame...

post-3056-0-00737300-1354825449_thumb.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here she is as a (semi) built up bike.

post-3056-0-74925500-1354825635_thumb.jpg

Spec:

Giant Reign X 2010 (large)

RS Revelation Team Dual Air 150mm

DHX5.0 Air

Brave Monster 760mm bar

Kore B1B 35mm stem

Elixir 5 brakes & XX floating rotors

Spank Subrosas (white) on Superstar Tech Evo hubs (techno green)

SRAM X0 Redwin Red RD

SRAM X0 Gripshifts

X9 FD

Goodridge cable housings

SHUN crankset (170mm 22/32t - changing to 24/36t)

WTB Weirwolf / Wolverine combo

Will post more pics as the build progresses. I've ordered the hubs, and they should be here by next week. Only thing it's missing is proper grips and a dropper.

Guest Omega Man

Just picked up a new seatpost (the one in the pic is my wife's) as well as some Green ESI Chunky grips and a BB tool.

Will update later today!

Bru I'm gonna start posting pics of my Reign if you don't get a wriggle on. I don't want to Reign on your parade but I will....(see what I did there?)

Edited by Omega Man

YAY!

So I finally sold my DH bike (sniff) and bought the latest addition to the stable. Picked it up from Action earlier this week, and started building it up immediately.

It's a 2010 Reign X (large) and this will be a quick tour of my new sled.

Here she is as a naked frame...

post-3056-0-00737300-1354825449_thumb.jpg

AHHH shesa real !!!!w00t.gif clap.gif

Gratz Mboy, another soon to be smiling cheapy maestro owner.You gonna want 170 upfront on that puppy asap.Get some clear plastidip and spray under your down tube,for stones etc and wrap those stays propper only rich boyz let **** chip(resale 1 day if you dont crunch it) thumbup1.gif w00t.gif

AHHH shesa real !!!!w00t.gif clap.gif

Gratz Mboy, another soon to be smiling cheapy maestro owner.You gonna want 170 upfront on that puppy asap.Get some clear plastidip and spray under your down tube,for stones etc and wrap those stays propper only rich boyz let **** chip(resale 1 day if you dont crunch it) thumbup1.gif w00t.gif

Yeha, my goal is to swop the revelation for a Lyrik somehow. That will take time though!

And don't worry, wrapping will happen. I'll also be getting some clear vinyl (or plastidip, as you rightly say) to coat the down tube.

Can't wait to ride this mutha.

Yeha, my goal is to swop the revelation for a Lyrik somehow. That will take time though!

And don't worry, wrapping will happen. I'll also be getting some clear vinyl (or plastidip, as you rightly say) to coat the down tube.

Can't wait to ride this mutha.

2 layers of plastidip is the way forward if you overspray you can just peel off the overspray, dont need to line up exact like clear vinyl.When its kuk in 2 months just peel off and respray,being the downtube is flat on under side,just hold cardboard 90'degrees to the tube and spray excess will hit cardboard 5 min job and wont become brittle and yellow,super stuck to frame, like some vinyl after its been on the frame for a while.thumbup1.gif

Bru I'm gonna start posting pics of my Reign if you don't get a wriggle on. I don't want to Reign on your parade but I will....(see what I did there?)

...and then it won't be long before I start posting pics of my Ibis!

Guest Omega Man

...and then it won't be long before I start posting pics of my Ibis!

DON'T YOU DARE!!