My new AM BIKE!!!

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

aaaaaand..... tuh daaaaaaaaaaah!

Still need to go around to the garage to blast the wheels with their initial air, and pop by Epic for some sealant. But all done & built & sparkly new!

I must say - she looks superb with these wheels.

post-3056-0-47186700-1356160130_thumb.jpeg

post-3056-0-88840100-1356160268_thumb.jpeg

Edited by cptmayhem

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn nice! Those red stickers on your forks need to go though!

Nought dude, those stay on. Resale value 'n all. I need to sell the fork eventually.

But shot bro. Just battling to get the rear seated properly. The bead is a bit loose (far looser than the front, in fact) and it's proving a bit harder than expected. Gonna have to make another turn round to the garage to blast the mofo. Front is seated perfectly, and set at 20psi for now.

Nice. Are the flats a permanent feature?

Yeah, for now. My shoes self destructed the other day (carbon sole disintegrated round the SPD mounting plate) and I was left with a useless shoe. I already have skate shoes from my days as an EMO wannabe (also dabbled - and failed - at skating) which I'll be reinforcing with a bit of perspex & re-soling at Wynberg Sole to get the stealth rubber fitted to them.

It was that, or get a set of Minnaars and Mallett DH's. The flats won out due to pure economic sensibility. Plus, my bank manager called quits on any more bike expenditure this year. Meh.

Also - it'll teach me to ride proper like.

..........................my days as an EMO wannabe ............

Not you surely, no way, unimaginablebiggrin.png

I'm also happy with how the black fork works with the bike. Thought it may "clash" and that the lyrik that I (eventually) get would have to be white to "balance" it out. But looking at it, the bike looks great with the black revelation, so it's not that much of a hassle if I can only get a black fork.

Really, really happy with it.