Looking for Towbars

Dorpie

Hey all,

I'm looking for a towbar for a Kia Cerato & Rio sedan. is there anyone who has or knows where I can get one for a good price.

I've had a good look and what I've found is that i can get a new one from most dealers and fitters for about R2000. Im not looking for any electrical work to go with it just the basic towbar.

Gauteng based only.

Thanks fellow Hubbers

A towbar is a non-negotiable quality product. It MUST be an approved towbar for your vehicle with the correct rating for your vehicle. Be carefull not to void your vehicle warranty by not fitting the manufacturers wiring loom.

Hey all,

I'm looking for a towbar for a Kia Cerato & Rio sedan. is there anyone who has or knows where I can get one for a good price.

I've had a good look and what I've found is that i can get a new one from most dealers and fitters for about R2000. Im not looking for any electrical work to go with it just the basic towbar.

Gauteng based only.

Thanks fellow Hubbers

R2000 is cheap if you ask me.

8000 ZA Ronds for my Sportage (including fitment) - dunno if it's that 'chrome bling' that makes it so expensive ....

post-271-0-33713400-1355384327_thumb.jpg

Edited by NotSoBigBen

Agree with eccentric 1. Had a company vehicle that did not have hi tensile bolts attaching the towbar to the bumper. They sheared clean off on route to Kenton on Sea a few years back while towing a trailer that was well within the limits. The driver felt a judder and saw the trailer heading off into the veld on the left. Very lucky that it did not go the other way into oncoming traffic

Dont take chances

I completely agree with getting it all done properly and by a legit fitter but I'm just looking to use it for bike racks. Have you seen the size of a Cerato's boot, no need for a trailer. The Mob bosses of yester year would be proud to use this car.

Thanks guys

. Be carefull not to void your vehicle warranty by not fitting the manufacturers wiring loom.

..... be even more carefull of voiding the warranty by having the wiring fiddled with at towbar centres. Agents only!!!

Give steelite a call. They are the cheapest.

And they are for a reason. Do not get me started! At least after causing some stink they paid for some of my damages.

Needless to say if I did not check their work my car would have burst into flames due to wires not being insulated and I would have lost my bikes as the bolts were coming off.

And they are for a reason. Do not get me started! At least after causing some stink they paid for some of my damages.

Needless to say if I did not check their work my car would have burst into flames due to wires not being insulated and I would have lost my bikes as the bolts were coming off.

Pity, they must have taken a dive.. I have had three towbars manufactured by them without issues. In fact, one took a direct hit from from a Hardbody. The tjop could not believe how his "bullbar" folded in half. It literally brought tears to his eyes...

Pity, they must have taken a dive.. I have had three towbars manufactured by them without issues. In fact, one took a direct hit from from a Hardbody. The tjop could not believe how his "bullbar" folded in half. It literally brought tears to his eyes...

I am also a repeat customer based on price alone but never inspected their work. Now that I have I am ashamed of how they butchered my car. Besides their location is so so dodgey... And they are not SABS approved so apparently if an accident occurs we are liable for fitting their crap.

Awesome so what everyone is saying is that I should use Steellite but check their work or rather go to Speedy or Hi-Q.

Thanks

have had steelite on 7 of our cars (work and personal) father inlaw tows a 3ton braked trailer with his hilux , mothers honda took a hit by a bakkie bull bar, we tow 5 mx bikes regularly . Perhaps have a look at them and inspect their work. Might have been a bad day. lol

Awesome so what everyone is saying is that I should use Steellite but check their work or rather go to Speedy or Hi-Q.

Thanks

Go to SupaQuick they are normally the cheapest

have had steelite on 7 of our cars (work and personal) father inlaw tows a 3ton braked trailer with his hilux , mothers honda took a hit by a bakkie bull bar, we tow 5 mx bikes regularly . Perhaps have a look at them and inspect their work. Might have been a bad day. lol

My car went in twice to fix issues and still came back with more.

Besides how disgustingly dirty is the place and sharp stuff lying all over the floor I am surprised I did not get any punctures.

They don't use locknuts to secure the towbar, they do not paint the entire towbar to prevent rust.

They slice into your existing harness and then do not bother to even insulate it with tape or shrink wrap plastic.

I had bare wires on my cars body work shorting out. It looks as if they used a punch to drill a whole through my car to get wires outside the body instead of drilling a neat whole out the way of the jacks. Then they do not even bother to put a rubber grommit on either so I can road noise and sometimes water getting into my boot. They broke half my plastic clips and didn't bother replacing them. They they tried to jipo some with screwing screws into them so that they would stay in place.

You sure your towbar works great? Next time I know spend the 1.5k extra and get a Bosal from a reputable dealer instead of that joke of a company.