Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

dont see any power, sure i've entered all the necessary.

strava's power calcs are WAY off and dont mean much

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there was an accelerometer issue in the custom ROM I was running on my phone that gave me those cockeyed readings in post 118. It has now supposedly been fixed, so will try Strava again on my next ride.

That will help those of us who are following you with no data to look at. :D

Yeah, I laughed when I saw Karma was putting down a 1000 Watts.

Yeah, I laughed when I saw Karma was putting down a 1000 Watts.

Sounds about right, he's got a 29'er remember w00t.gif

Flag that ride! thumbup1.gif

Flagging takes effort, get notification emails almost daily lately of lost KOM,s to guys going up 7% gradient climbs at 80km/hr!

Please, How? sorry if it has been mentioned before, don't have time to read the entire thread. Thanks.

Please, How? sorry if it has been mentioned before, don't have time to read the entire thread. Thanks.

Click on the description(normally a date) of the ride in question. This will take you to the activity that resulted in the 'stolen'/false KOM. Flag this. Bottom right there is a "Flag This" button. Click, and tell your story. Not sure whether the comments gets sent to the "car driver", or whether Strava looks at it. I do suspect the first option though

That will help those of us who are following you with no data to look at. biggrin.png

I tell you what, to keep my followers (all 2 of them) glue to the edge of their seats, I'll upload some of the files from my Garmin :D

Click on the description(normally a date) of the ride in question. This will take you to the activity that resulted in the 'stolen'/false KOM. Flag this. Bottom right there is a "Flag This" button. Click, and tell your story. Not sure whether the comments gets sent to the "car driver", or whether Strava looks at it. I do suspect the first option though

Thank you.

please dont spoil it for me who cannot afford a power meter, well atleast im comparing to guys who uses strava power.

How Strava is Changing the Way We Ride (Might have been posted before?)

Comment by the creator of Strava: “Ever since there have been bikes and cars, there have been bike and car accidents. You’re in charge of your own safety and the safety of those around you when you’re riding or running.” So be careful out there!

I tell you what, to keep my followers (all 2 of them) glue to the edge of their seats, I'll upload some of the files from my Garmin biggrin.png

Well send your link and you can have a 3rd follower - wink.png - that would be purely for inspiration though!

please dont spoil it for me who cannot afford a power meter, well atleast im comparing to guys who uses strava power.

Downhill power calcs are off, and when you are riding in a peloton power calcs are off. Otherwise it is "reasonable"

Remember power calcs are specific to a rider (and lesser extend a power meter)

I tell you what, to keep my followers (all 2 of them) glue to the edge of their seats, I'll upload some of the files from my Garmin biggrin.png

Well send your link and you can have a 3rd follower - wink.png - that would be purely for inspiration though!

Thug, I'll follow you with immediate effect!

edit: Thug, you have 4 followers now!

Edited by robox