So when does cycling become an obsession.......?

Bianchisti

As opposed to a PASSION.

At what point do you know you're crossing a/the line? And what are the tell tale signs? Essentially a passion is not "a bad thing", so if being obsessed with it is "bad", how do we know the difference? How fine is the line between the two? If an obsession is the "domination of one's thoughts" by cycling/or whatever and a passion "a boundless enthusiasm", where exactly is the difference?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just built a room/shed to store my bikes, should I be worried? at least they will free up some space in my house now.

I don't know, I think at this stage it's still a passion..post-12682-0-70551900-1356243894_thumb.jpg

Damn!!! What is the ratio there for owner/ bike.

Obsession comes somewhere after your 1st bike and before your 9th bike. I have 8, so I'm just passionate, not obsessed.wink.png

Damn I have 10.... Hold on, does the build up projects count?

Damn I have 10.... Hold on, does the build up projects count?

There is another level - "posessed" - and that starts at 11 bikes! So, there are other poor souls deeper into it than you. Or perhaps something to aspire to?

I suffer from something a bit different - not the owning of say 8 bikes at a time but not being able to ride it for longer than 3 months then selling for something else. At bike no. 4 for 2012.

I suffer from something a bit different - not the owning of say 8 bikes at a time but not being able to ride it for longer than 3 months then selling for something else. At bike no. 4 for 2012.

Yoh!

:-D

It's not about the number of bikes. Collecting stamps does not mean you like writing letters it means you like stamps. Obsessed about cycling is indicated by the amount of riding you do and the types of riding. Not the number of bikes.

My wife tells me I crossed the line last year when I did 100km road ride in the morning, two hours of track at Hector Norris park at midday and managed to squeeze in a night MTB ride at Modderfontein in the evening. I just called It a day well spent.

Edited by HappyMartin

You better get help soon....biggrin.png

I think if all of us had to ask our spouses who do not cycle tbey would say we are obsessed.

Agreed but then my wife rides with me so I can safely ignore her opinion on this matter