Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

Lay off dude....

The guy just found out he inadvertently performed an act on himself in public when he bought his branded bike...he is traumatized whistling.gif

Aahhhh. Things fall into place now

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another way to view it, is that assuming you could buy a genuine Pina frame, but directly from the factory that makes Pina, you could probably get it at a quarter of the price or even less as you would skip the mark up to Pina in Europe, the agents in SA and the retailer. But this has many challenges too. Just saying.....

By bypassing all those channels you are still effectively stealing the IP from Pinarello seeing they would otherwise benefit from the sale.

Also as far as the agents in SA are concerned, they obviosly carry stock, spares, backup etc which cost money, so this would be a grey import and the agents could well refuse any back up, refuse to sell spares etc which imho would be 100% correct and fair.

Everyone keeps going back to the quality of the Chinarellos, but even if they were just as good, thats still Pinarellos IP in terms of brand, and design IP. What they charge might be exorbatent so sure dont buy one by a cheaper bike.

If there are generic chinese blanks that dont copy any proprieatry features, sure thats fair game but not copies of product that have protected IP.

Edited by Kanga

By bypassing all those channels you are still effectively stealing the IP from Pinarello seeing they would otherwise benefit from the sale.

Also as far as the agents in SA are concerned, they obviosly carry stock, spares, backup etc which cost money, so this would be a grey import and the agents could well refuse any back up, refuse to sell spares etc which imho would be 100% correct and fair.

Everyone keeps going back to the quality of the Chinarellos, but even if they were just as good, thats still Pinarellos IP in terms of brand, and design IP. What they charge might be exorbatent so sure dont buy one by a cheaper bike.

If there are generic chinese blanks that dont copy any proprieatry features, sure thats fair game but not copies of product that have protected IP.

Well said.

And that is why I was saying it has its challenges. The point I was trying to make is that by buying a unbranded blank frame you are "saving" because of your direct route of sourcing and because you are potentially buying an inferior product. I was NOT condoning it.

And that is why I was saying it has its challenges. The point I was trying to make is that by buying a unbranded blank frame you are "saving" because of your direct route of sourcing and because you are potentially buying an inferior product. I was NOT condoning it.

100%

How small must you d1ck be for you to pretend you are riding a bike you can't afford.........

Don't you mean how small must your d1ck be to pay R100k for a R20k bike? Just so that you can have bragging rights?

Edited by Daft Vader

Don't you mean how small must your d1ck be to pay R100k for a R20k bike? Just so that you can have bragging rights?

Yoh. Spot on.

Yoh. Spot on.

This is something we call short sightedness.

We have been through R&D, marketing costs, if you start buying branded or unbranded copies/clones/fakes/grey imports( call it what you will) you are taking money from the companies prepared to design these items.

I regularly deal with a rapid protoyping company here in Cape Town who assist inventors conceiving, protoyping, manufacturing and marketing their products, they even rent office/lab space to the inventors.

They do everything from systems to clean veg, fruit etc for food outlets cost effectively, you get healthier and safer food for you and your children.

There any nanofibre spinning machines, overseas companies flock here to see the thing.

Like them there are thousands of design hubs like this across the world making things better for all of us with the likes of water recirculating showers, 3D printing of organs, the list goes on.

Their value is in the IP and it needs to be protected vigorously, and this too costs.

So whether it is a wavy carbon fork, or a new computer program or something to ensure you get safe affordable protein we need IP to be protected or this innovation process will slow down and it will cost all of us. Sure in a few years that wavy fork will filter down to their cheaper bikes and the Dogma will get something new.

By buying and selling copies of these items and cutting the companies that develop the technology out, you are stealing. When you get home and show your child your new bike and explain to him how daddy saved 80 K, you are teaching your child that it is ok to steal.

I for one wont do that to my daughter.

Edited by Kanga

This is something we call short sightedness.

We have been through R&D, marketing costs, if you start buying branded or unbranded copies/clones/fakes/grey imports( call it what you will) you are taking money from the companies prepared to design these items.

I regularly deal with a rapid protoyping company here in Cape Town who assist inventors conceiving, protoyping, manufacturing and marketing their products, they even rent office/lab space to the inventors.

They do everything from systems to clean veg, fruit etc for food outlets cost effectively, you get healthier and safer food for you and your children.

There any nanofibre spinning machines, overseas companies flock here to see the thing.

Like them there are thousands of design hubs like this across the world making things better for all of us with the likes of water recirculating showers, 3D printing of organs, the list goes on.

Their value is in the IP and it needs to be protected vigorously, and this to costs.

So whether it is a wavy carbon fork, or a new computer program or something to ensure you get safe affordable protein we need IP to be protected or this innovation process will slow down and it will cost all of us. Sure in a few years that wavy fork will filter down to their cheaper bikes and the Dogma will get something new.

By buying and selling copies of these items and cutting the companies that develop the technology out, you are stealing. When you get home and show your child your new bike and explain to him how daddy saved 80 K, you are teaching your child that it is ok to steal.

I for one wont do that to my daughter.

all that reminds me of those anti-piracy ads you see at the beginning of a DVD

Edited by patches

Have anyone of you ever bought a DVD movie from the guy at the robot?

Agreed, Same thing, same as pirate music, software and images. In fact the sellers of counterfeits are the same whether they do it at the robot or online.

Can you image stealing image files from our hubber photographers, sure they actual cost to produce is what they charge, but start adding a EOS 5D MKIII and a 70-200 F2.8 then drive to the event start taking their time into account and and and? It then turns out we are getting these thing for less than cost probably.

Sure I had some pirate movies and music on tape, but not anymore, its so easy to do and get that it cant be wrong, but it is.

Have anyone of you ever bought a DVD movie from the guy at the robot?

Bought a DVD from a guy at a Robot?

Nope

Question is what kind of DVD's does a guy at a traffic light sell?

eek.gif

Bought a DVD from a guy at a Robot?

Nope

Question is what kind of DVD's does a guy at a traffic light sell?

eek.gif

other problems to deal with in CH today ... heard about the shooting