Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

I don't really understand why we're at 12 pages. Not that I'm taking the moral high ground, but it's pretty simple, with out without stickers, if you buy a Pina design not through the correct channels then you are stealing.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it would be like stealing an S Class out of the showroom, driving it for a few months and if you like it you go and pay for it.

Thats sounds kind of nice you have to admit!

Cars have demo's that you can drive. With the prices of bicycles these days......perhaps they should also have demo models that we can borrow for a weekend??

Out of interest, if the knock off Pina's had decals that said "FAKE PINA", would those who want cheap frames ride these frames with these decals on since branding is irrelevant?

I don't really understand why we're at 12 pages. Not that I'm taking the moral high ground, but it's pretty simple, with out without stickers, if you buy a Pina design not through the correct channels then you are stealing.

But I didnt know it was not the real thing sold by the real people. On the chinese website it did not state that! So they should be blamed!! unsure.png

Why work if you can just steal?

I have no problem with generic - but i do have a prob with people passing them as origional.

It is not a case of stealing or something being generic. If I produce a product for R10.00 and sell it to a retailer for R25.00 is fair for the retailer to then sell it at R100.00? As long as everything is legit I will buy at the best price.Also bare in mind that China's factory workers are very poorly paid(cheap labour)The production cost of a frame and the selling prices of the frame doesn't ad up but then so are all other products on the market.

I am laughing at this last post. If their quality is so lousy then you have just dissed about 90% of the folks on the hub as China makes all their frames.

I would be very careful about that cheap perception on Chinese goods....

China is huge and a large chunk of the world have moved production there, yes its cheaper, but a lot of it is great as well, samsung, LG, Apple, IBM the list goes on, and hell yes there are plants that make crap( and some decent) copies. 30 years ago we considered products made in Japan cheap and nasty, now Japan makes serious quality.

But again the issue here is not the quality, it is the stolen IP from Pinarello.

your opinion on other designs that arent as unique? but might look similar to other brands or have aspects that look the same? i am referring to unbranded of course

It is not a case of stealing or something being generic. If I produce a product for R10.00 and sell it to a retailer for R25.00 is fair for the retailer to then sell it at R100.00? As long as everything is legit I will buy at the best price.Also bare in mind that China's factory workers are very poorly paid(cheap labour)The production cost of a frame and the selling prices of the frame doesn't ad up but then so are all other products on the market.

in the case of generic medicine and I may be wrong but they have a period of exclusivity but after x years (i think 5) other companies can use the recipe and make generic meds. However this is not the case in this specific example - where as in your example the same factory is selling to retailer and the public directly which is not the case. If you go to Macro and buy a TV it might be cheaper than at high end audio and visual shop but it is a different story if you are buying that TV off the back of a truck.

I also like the matt black finish. Not much the shiny carbon weave finish. Looks so early 2000ph34r.png

+1

CocaCola spend more on marketing and more on distribution than on manufacturing, they had the gonads to spend on the marketing and make sure you can get it in most places in the civilized world, IMHO it gives them the right to sell cheap sugar and caramel water with bubbles at monster margins.

CocaCola spend more on marketing and more on distribution than on manufacturing, they had the gonads to spend on the marketing and make sure you can get it in most places in the civilized world, IMHO it gives them the right to sell cheap sugar and caramel water with bubbles at monster margins.

I once heard coca cola was the one word understood everywhere in the world

Pinarello is a private company and therefore I can't find their financial information, but let's look at Shimano (which also produces other products although bicycle parts are still 80% of sales). I'm doing this because it seems some of you says it ok to steal, because the companies make too much money.

Year ended Dec-11:

Assets Y216,000M

Sales Y221,770M

Net Income Y19,862M

That gives a net income margin of 9%. Now I wonder how many companies you hubbers work for sell products for less or more than a 9% net income margin?

in the case of generic medicine and I may be wrong but they have a period of exclusivity but after x years (i think 5) other companies can use the recipe and make generic meds. However this is not the case in this specific example - where as in your example the same factory is selling to retailer and the public directly which is not the case. If you go to Macro and buy a TV it might be cheaper than at high end audio and visual shop but it is a different story if you are buying that TV off the back of a truck.

What ever the case might be....I would love to ride a Pinarello but even the "generic" one is out my price range.....and no I wont buy something off the back of a truck.Not ayoba.....

Did you know Coca Cola is still patent pending? The reason? If they actually patent it then the recipe needs to be revealed in order to ensure it is not copied. So they just keep pushing the patent process back. When it is pending it does not have to be revealed.

Out of interest, if the knock off Pina's had decals that said "FAKE PINA", would those who want cheap frames ride these frames with these decals on since branding is irrelevant?

That is why some guys put Chinarello Dogpoo stickers on them

your opinion on other designs that arent as unique? but might look similar to other brands or have aspects that look the same? i am referring to unbranded of course

Same opinion if the IP can be proven as belonging to a specific company. Obviously there's a point where a triangle is a triangle, but the point remains.