Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

Sometimes it is not that invisible ....

It's always invisible to the person making stupid posts/ arguments....

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly i cant wait - I would rather be busy. This day felt as long as my entire holiday wacko.png

Hub has kept me busy, as well as 1 hour remote work for a client recovering a file from backup (while multitasking the hub). Oh yes, and there was the scam phone call for my bike.

Hub has kept me busy, as well as 1 hour remote work for a client recovering a file from backup (while multitasking the hub). Oh yes, and there was the scam phone call for my bike.

And a bit of Facebook

I have been riding with my chinese import since April 2011 - no problems whatsoever! Replaced my GT-idrive and can honestly say this FAKE runs circles around the i-drive. Paid 6K including the xfusion rear shock.

I am currently selling tubes at 8/R100. I just got fed up with getting ripped off by local cycling shops. These tubes come packaged in a transparent plastic bag instead of a cartboard box with well known branding. It turns out that the factory also manufactures well known brands. Mmmmm

Currently waiting for my FAKE AAA Jawbone copies- bought 5 different colours for R1250 including shipping from Chinese manufacturer.

I will probably get a 29 full suspension next, but admittedly I will get a decent set of wheels, not Chinese.

Its never been easier to buy online..

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Kangawolf/triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3_zps3a52ac56.png

Edited by Kanga

Improvements in quality also depend on countering other tendencies in Chinese industry, including rampant counterfeiting. While making knock-off products that look genuine takes a certain amount of skill, notes Midler, manufacturers cutting corners, adulterating products and other sleights of hand abound. He argues that without a change in attitude across the board, among managers, factory workers and consumers, little is likely to change.

Even if domestic companies were to sell good-quality products on par with foreign brands, Chinese consumers -- increasingly wedded to brands -- might not buy them. "Chinese engineers and companies are capable of making high-quality goods, but will the market reward them for making them? This is the biggest issue," says Clendenin of RedTech Advisors. "Why should I waste 5% or 10% of my company's R&D resources on creating super products that probably only a few people would buy? I am better off dropping lower end products and focusing on better mid-range products, which are still affordable and which people would buy."

Until recently, China's long-suffering consumers mostly put up with the poor quality of local goods, especially if they felt a bargain was to be had. But as income levels rise, their tastes -- and patience -- are changing. Consumer expectations may prove the most powerful inducement for China's consumer manufacturers to improve quality. With a market of around 800 million low-income Chinese who accept poor quality for low prices, manufacturers can afford to cut corners. "When the majority becomes middle class, aware of quality and prefer quality to low prices, I think the Chinese market will change," predicts Suzuki of Hokkaido University. Give it 10 or 20 years, he says, and "the Chinese will not buy poor quality goods even if the price is low."

No, seriously. These days nearly all of the world’s biggest brands, and indeed premium brands in apparel, electronics, furniture, kitchenware (and many more categories) either manufacture part or all of their ranges in Chinese factories.

Some companies employ the services of a number of factories but most of the world brands have built and control their own factories in China.

An incredible amount of product is made in China.

The reasons are pretty simple. China still has an extremely cheap labour supply. It will be a long time before there is a labour shortage, and basic farming income in China is dwarfed even by the factory labour rates (which, from what I know, having visited the country and factories a number of times) hover around the $100-$150USD per month range.

Also, China’s economy and skill base has been growing strongly for the past 2 decades. The Chinese are becoming the new Japanese of manufacturing.

Remember ‘Japanese’ products in the 70s ? (I don’t I am too young, but I have seen documentaries! :))

They had the reputation of inferior or lower quality items. But over time, Japan built skills, used technology and now produces some of the world’s best product. The Lexus ls460 won world car of the year. Way to go Toyota.

China is fast changing its reputation too. It may take longer with consumers (we still get asked often “Where are your guitars made?”, “Is this fishing reel made in China?” – ummm yes, like everything else..).

But manufacturers know the deal. You can great great quality product made at a great price. Its a matter of finding the right manufacturing partner over there (which can take time) but you can buy cheap or buy expensive. The choice is up to you.

I met with a client all afternoon on Friday. He is from China, but moved to the US maybe 20 years ago for graduate school. He eventually formed a now thriving construction parts business. We talked about his history of getting parts from China and he talked about how it took him two years of his training factories in China before he had product he could sell in the US. He said it took him another couple years before he had factories that understood how US quality definitions are so different from China. We talked about how in China if you make a $30 part badly, you just reduce the price to $10 and sell it, whereas in the US, that bad quality part is completely 100% unsalable at any price because nobody will accept it. Nobody. My client talked of how his Chinese factories simply could not grasp this at first, but that he now has around ten factories who have consistently been churning out excellent parts for him for years.

Did these ten factories start out evil and then become moral? I don’t think so. What happened is that the US company taught them how to make quality parts, taught them the long term value of making quality parts, and then, literally showed them the long term value by increasing their purchases and forming a partnership.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Kangawolf/triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3_zps3a52ac56.png

post-18048-0-60990500-1357225449_thumb.jpg

The truth..

And this is all the reason that some people need to think its fine to steal others hard work.

And this is all the reason that some people need to think its fine to steal others hard work.

It could also be that some brands think they can steal from people who works hard?

It could also be that some brands think they can steal from people who works hard?

I am typing this slowly because it is obvious you dont read good and stuff.

Brand belongs to Oakley in this case, they charge what they consider fair market value for the product and the brand. You decide whether you are prepared to pay that or not, no gun to your head.

If they charge too much or too littlle the go out of business. If not they make money, incedently the reason they are in business.

Nowhere does this allow you to steal their brand, which you detest as they overcharge in your view, so why you would want to wear a brand you think os corrupt is beyond me.