Crack or not

Breezer

Best to take to your LBS.

Rather be safe than sorry.

I would say it's just on the paint work but I don't have much experience in assessing cracks etc on carbon so don't trust my advice.

Best to take to your LBS.

Rather be safe than sorry.

I would say it's just on the paint work but I don't have much experience in assessing cracks etc on carbon so don't trust my advice.

LBS also not sure.

It did get about 2 mm longer in the past 2 weeks.

It looks like a crack. However, I'm not sure about the way it stops and then starts in an adjacent place - in the middle of the total crack that is.

However, it is easy to determine. It looks like the underside of the front end. Wet the area and then with the help of a strong friend, manipulate the section to see if the crack "pumps" the water. If it doesn't chip away at the paint to see if it really goes into the alu or not.

What's puzzling is the two 'cracks' don't join up, surely if it was a crack it would be continuous.

Have a closer look with a magnifying glass, might just be a scratch, you will see the 'v' groove close up if that is the case.

It is on the top of the seat tube just under the seat clamp. A month ago the bike was on a trailer when we were in accident. Something came up from under the car and hit the bike from behind. This mark is on the opposite side of inpact. I think the seatpost was also hit by this object. The seat stays are also full of little nicks. It is a 5 year old carbon Fuji, so Solomons won't bother.

It is on the top of the seat tube just under the seat clamp. A month ago the bike was on a trailer when we were in accident. Something came up from under the car and hit the bike from behind. This mark is on the opposite side of inpact. I think the seatpost was also hit by this object. The seat stays are also full of little nicks. It is a 5 year old carbon Fuji, so Solomons won't bother.

So can't you just take the seatpost out and shine a flashlight in? Feel inside with your finger and check if it's cracked through? Take the clamp off too.

Lots of little nicks could just have been dirt spun up by the back wheel or the trailer.