Entry level stage race

As far as logistics goes 3 Towers would be a nice race to start with but be warned that even if you go for the shorter Challenge race a lot of training is still needed .

He is in Randburg F.C, not sure what entry level races they have up there, but most of the bigger races now have smaller easier versions.

i.e down here you get the Black Rhino (for the fit) and the White Rhino (for the newbies) we also have greyton tour, winelands tour, and houwhoek tour, Whines to whales trail etc etc.

Youll just have to peg what stage races you would like to do one day and then see if they offer the mini or non timed versions.

A beauty if you are willing to travel is the RE-CM 200 in knysna.

He is in Randburg F.C, not sure what entry level races they have up there, but most of the bigger races now have smaller easier versions.

i.e down here you get the Black Rhino (for the fit) and the White Rhino (for the newbies) we also have greyton tour, winelands tour, and houwhoek tour, Whines to whales trail etc etc.

Youll just have to peg what stage races you would like to do one day and then see if they offer the mini or non timed versions.

A beauty if you are willing to travel is the RE-CM 200 in knysna.

Also a new one here in Ceres in Feb.

Magalies adventure or whatever it's called these days also comes to mind. Bit technical but not too long.

The 3 Towers Challenge is awesome but you have to be able to climb. Allot.

I agree, Route 66 is a local Gauteng ride and not hard at all. Great start but no village, you sleep at home so lacks the stage race vibe.

3 Towers is superb..clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif .....Its the best I have ridden rand for km, vibe and fun. cant wait for this year again.......

I think the main thing people worry about with their first stage race is stuff like what to take and what to leave . That is why a stage race that starts and end in the same place everyday makes it a lot easier for 1st timers . You just load everything into the car and quickly find out what is needed . Next time you realize that you only need your bike and beer money . Still don't see why people rock up at these races with trailers full of spares and crap !!