Gwin to be on Specialized this year

nigelhicks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Gwin stay with Reb Bull? Wasn't the Spez team sponsored by Monster last year?

Yeah, another possible big sponsor change. There were a few Spesh teams, but like you say, the main one was Monster Specialized

It has come as a shock to me that DH riders are not all as cool as I have been led to believe ;) - apparently some are even 'miserable and throw tantrums' .....

Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. I didn't think Specialized would leave a Sam-sized hole unfilled for very long, they're too brand image pedantic to let that happen.

Of course this is in the wake of Sam's departure, where did he go?

Also looks like its going to be messy. Gwin has come across as considerate person what's his story? Isn't he supposed to be a bible puncher as well? eish ...

Of course this is in the wake of Sam's departure, where did he go?

Also looks like its going to be messy. Gwin has come across as considerate person what's his story? Isn't he supposed to be a bible puncher as well? eish ...

Sam is now racing for CRC-Nukeproof

Guest Omega Man

Isn't he supposed to be a bible puncher as well? eish ...

The bible don't pay the bills.

As far as i have presumed ... Monster Energy wont be sponsoring the Spech team next year ... they will keep their sponsorship with Sam and now CRC (i think) ....

So that wont be a big issue - the issue as i see it is what Spech will be running??? Gwin has always been with Shimano/Fox ... but i think he will likely be on Rock Shox /SRAM as his sponsorships by Fox were largely dictated by the frame manufacturer and not his own personal sponsorship deals. (Similar to when Santa Cruz changed from SRAM to Shimano last year.)

not being a follower of this lazy race down the hill stuff (ph34r.png whistling.gif ), is this Gwin a nice chap, or a total box? Does this damage the "gwin brand" at all or something you would expect from him ?

not being a follower of this lazy race down the hill stuff (ph34r.png whistling.gif ), is this Gwin a nice chap, or a total box? Does this damage the "gwin brand" at all or something you would expect from him ?

yeah... it does damage. He's a clean-living, religious, humble guy. So that statement from Trek paints a picture totally different of what people are used to from Gwin.

That's what I'm saying Slowbee, Gwin has a reputation as being Mr Nice Guy, at least that;s the way he has come across in interviews. Also abstemious in terms of all partying that goes on.

But things are never what they seem :o

...Just hope Spez sorts out their stock issues before he starts bashing up bikes, as it stands now he'll wait 4 months just for tires haha