Cyclists and road laws. Red lights, etc. (merged)

The Ouzo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And hot on the tail of the cyclist is the cager (car driver) saying "cyclists and taxis do it all the time, why shouldn't I?"

To coincide with another thread, you should see the motorists at the Mercury/Atlas intersection going towards the N12 doing just that.

Obviously never been near an intersection when I'm riding on that road.

Don't doubt it for a minute...seeing as you claim not to own a bicycle.

Don't doubt it for a minute...seeing as you claim not to own a bicycle.

Never ridden one. Dunno how to ride one. You know how black people can't swim? I'm like that, but with bicycles.

Promise. Next time I see a black swimmer at the olympics, I'll say, well, "how about that."

Never ridden one. Dunno how to ride one. You know how black people can't swim? I'm like that, but with bicycles.

You said black people so mods probably gonna sluit this fread >_>

You said black people so mods probably gonna sluit this fread >_>

Oh well.

Live and learn.

4 pages of this?

OP: Get over yourself, all this self importance of mouthing off at other cyclists is way over the top behaviour. And it's likely to get you klapped sooner or later. Pity I don't know where Atlas Rd is. Even if I do detest violence.

It's called road rage. And it's pathetic.

When driving do you chase every car down and confront the driver every time you see them break a road rule?

its *** attitudes like this that is the problem with this country. If we can't police ourselves then how do you expect to earn any kind of respect from motorists.

Read my post earlier on, if we want to be given respect and space to enjoy our sport in peace we need to do a lot of work to earn it. And that work starts from cleaning up from within the cycling community.

Your kind of attitude that permeates through the hub and on the road is doing nothing to help cyclists cause. And it's likely that your type will be the first to cry foul when a cyclist is taken out.

its *** attitudes like this that is the problem with this country. If we can't police ourselves then how do you expect to earn any kind of respect from motorists.

Read my post earlier on, if we want to be given respect and space to enjoy our sport in peace we need to do a lot of work to earn it. And that work starts from cleaning up from within the cycling community.

Your kind of attitude that permeates through the hub and on the road is doing nothing to help cyclists cause. And it's likely that your type will be the first to cry foul when a cyclist is taken out.

Your type? I wonder what type that is?

It's the new found attitude that someone can shout at me while I'm riding my bike that gets my goat. Occasionally I do run a red light on my bike, normally when I've checked out the danger and my impact on others before doing so. But to be chased and abused by some goody two shoes? Forget it, sweat the big things, and the occasional red light is not one of them.

Worry about your own safety. The gene pool improves that way.

To be totally honest, I have never seen a cyclist come to a total stop at a red light or a stop sign when it was safe to jump it. I am guilty of this myself. Since last week I am focussed on changing this. Bad habbits die hard

Today a cyclist crossed a Red robot, he went through an intersection. During rush hour! In Plattekloof.

Fact of the matter is cyclists will simply never act like cars, cyclists will never be cars and many cyclists will be involved in accidents. Also cars will never treat cyclists like cars.

As long as there are cyclists there will be cyclists dying in accidents. We just have to face it.

Edited by coldfusion

Your type? I wonder what type that is?

It's the new found attitude that someone can shout at me while I'm riding my bike that gets my goat. Occasionally I do run a red light on my bike, normally when I've checked out the danger and my impact on others before doing so. But to be chased and abused by some goody two shoes? Forget it, sweat the big things, and the occasional red light is not one of them.

Worry about your own safety. The gene pool improves that way.

goody two shoes my ass.

you skip a red light and p'off a motorist having a bad day, 2km down the road that motorist comes across me minding my own business, but because he is now p'vd off because of you he aims his car at me.

and its about cleaning up the sport and cleaning up the image of the sport.

if anyone needs to chill its you, this is after all the Rant section. So if you dont like the ranting then piss off to the back patting threads.

I've been cycling since before most of the guys here were in diapers, I've seen the sport go from a genuine passion sport to what is now the new golf where new comers have no bloody clue as to what right or wrong.

Ouzo I think you were better off just telling the cyclist off when it happened, at least you would of only got a bit of flack from him. Here on the hub you will get a lot more crap for it