When to Stop!!

crasher

Should of stopped and checked more carefully when I heard the intial click which was probably the titanium bolt in the bush cracking.

Then one km later this might not of happened when I tried to put down some power to climb.

post-6876-0-13100300-1357996146_thumb.jpg

post-6876-0-32176200-1357996151_thumb.jpg

post-6876-0-99734300-1357996154_thumb.jpg

post-6876-0-36368300-1357996160_thumb.jpg

I know!! cursing.gif

I think it might be a bit more expensive to fix now compared to the replacment of just one bolt had I stopped and seen itcursing.gif cursing.gif cursing.gif

Hells dude. Thats a *** one.

Maybe the agents can help you out with a replacement triangle?

Looks like a lekker bike

Yes spoke to Mike at Mikes Bikes he will get it sorted thumbup1.gif

Hindsight=20/20 vision

I know its a shitty thing to happen, but everything happens for a reason. Imagine if it had failed on a fast technical decent and you broke your body also

Just be carefull if you want to repair there is "repair" and then there is REPAIR!! There are guys who do really good carbon work, if it's fixed properly no worries!!

See if they do a carbon replacement. Is it carbon or ally? Cant see to well as I'm on my cellphone and its not too clear. The way the paint has cracked looks ally, but the symmetry on both sides looks like carbon

Edited by King_Crispy

Replacement is possible on carbon, I know a lbs who will maybe sell you a triangle till a imported one arrives, I know they got

Because the left side of the rear triangle is the braced side the right side is just a single stay so when you take out the left side bolt the entire drive and force of suspension movement it transmitted through a single unbraced stay hence how it twisted and snapped.

If the bolt had failed on the other side I suspect the braced left stay would of coped with the load (maybe)

Eina...

Is it a Crackendale?

Nah SantaCr...ack biggrin.png

Cant blame the frame or carbon as a material once I stomped on the pedals with the bolt broken the stay stood no chance

I also have s Cruz when I bought my first one I was told if you ride a lot, you must replace your bearings on the pivots and you must do continuous lubricating, so I ordered a bearing kit at the same time just incase, it comes with all bearings I think it's 8 and all the bolts, the kit is like R 1700 . This includes the big through bolts, they are "bullet proof bikes" if you do proper maintenance ! But I have been told if they run dry or the bearings are over tightened this happens !!! To the O.P be sure to order the kit when you order the tri angle as it does not come with it,