Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

I need to stop reading reviews or write ups on that Insurgent. Makes me realize just how much I want/need one!!! If only my bank balance looked healthier and I earned dollars instead of rands.

Alsp that interview with Kevin Walsh is so cool, makes you want to buy one even more just to help him afford his next Lamborghini or island........

Go look at BIKE mags bible bikes review on the Insurgent. Edited by Bizkit031

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go look at BIKE mags bible bikes review on the Insurgent.

Damn you to hell!!!!!

Please don't report me, meant it in a kind, sarcastic way........

I know the Uprising and Undead had a few issues, broken rear triangles if I recall. The warranty process was also a ball ache, wonder if these niggles have been ironed out?

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Damn you to hell!!!!!

I know the Uprising and Undead had a few issues, broken rear triangles if I recall. The warranty process was also a ball ache, wonder if these niggles have been ironed out?

Hahaha no worries.The only issues seem to be the noise from chain slap and that it is not a very good climber but then this is not why you buy this bike. Edited by Bizkit031

Damn you to hell!!!!!

yea, they even mentioned the elephant in the room on a mbr video interview with the guys from Evil...they blamed supplier and corrected it according to them...lessons learnt apparently.

They are dead sexy though...only thing is linkage, I can see alot of propriety stuffs there.

Shuttle day there on the 13th. #justsaying

isnt the first day of WP Dh on that date?

but hey, I work on a sat man :blush:

Damn, the prices of bikes from your traditional retailers are bananas when compared to the direct sales guys here in Europe. 

I had a look at the 2016 Stumpy FSR Comp Carbon 650B which retails for €3,999 (http://www.bikelane.nl/specialized-prijslijst-fietsen). Now, compare this to the 2016 Canyon Spectral CF 9.0 which also retails for €3,999and tell me that these are even remotely comparable in spec. I know direct sales will always be cheaper and maybe Spez' carbon chassis is of a higher grade or manufacture, but damn.

Spectral:

8d116856d1e1cec48314ff6e812ca.jpg

• FRAME CANYON SPECTRAL CF
  • REAR SHOCK FOX FACTORY FLOAT EVOL
  • FORK FOX FACTORY 34 FLOAT 27,5 140 FIT4 15QR 1,5T
  • HEADSET CANE CREEK 40
  • REAR DERAILLEUR SHIMANO DEORE XT SHADOW PLUS, 11S
  • DERAILLEUR HANGER DERAILLEUR HANGER NO. 27
  • FRONT DERAILLEUR SHIMANO DEORE XT, 11S
  • CHAIN GUIDE CANYON E168
  • SHIFTERS SHIMANO DEORE XT, 11S
  • BRAKES SHIMANO DEORE XT
  • CASSETTE SHIMANO DEORE XT, 11S
  • WHEELSET DT SWISS XM 1491 SPLINE, 30 MM
  • TYRES CONTINENTAL MOUNTAIN KING II, 2,4"
  • CRANKS RACE FACE NEXT SL, 11S
  • CHAINRINGS 26 | 36
  • BOTTOM BRACKET RACE FACE
  • STEM CANYON V12
  • HANDLEBAR CANYON H15 RISE AL
  • GRIPS ERGON GE1 SLIM
  • SADDLE ERGON SME 30 EVO
  • SEAT POST ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH
  • PEDALS NONE INCLUDED

Stumpy:

maxresdefault.jpg

FRAME
FACT 9m carbon, Trail 650b Geometry, FACT IS carbon construction, M5 alloy rear triangle, SWAT Door integration, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, front derailleur compatible w/ Taco Blade, 150mm travel
REAR SHOCK
Custom FOX FLOAT Evolution CTD, AUTOSAG, Rx Trail Tune, 197x47.6mm
FORK
RockShox Revelation RC3 650b, Solo Air spring, 150mm travel, 3-position compression adjust, rebound adjust, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, 15mm Maxle Lite thru-axle
HEADSET
Hella Flush, 1-1/8" and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper w/ 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
STEM
Specialized XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
HANDLEBARS
Specialized, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm

FRONT BRAKE
Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc, resin pads, Ice-Tech rotor
REAR BRAKE
Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc, Ice-Tech resin pads w/ fins
BRAKE LEVERS
Shimano Deore BL-M615, I-spec compatible
FRONT DERAILLEUR
SRAM X7, mid direct mount, w/ Taco Blade
REAR DERAILLEUR
Shimano XT Shadow Plus, 10-speed, SGS cage
SHIFT LEVERS
Shimano SLX, 10-speed, trigger, I-spec
CASSETTE
SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36t
CHAIN
SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish
CRANKSET
Custom SRAM S-1250, 7050 alloy arms, 10-speed double, PF30, 36/22T, 104/64mm BCD spider
BOTTOM BRACKET
SRAM, PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge

RIMS
Roval 650b, alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h
FRONT HUB
Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 24h
REAR HUB
Specialized, Hi Lo disc, 4x sealed cartridge bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 28h
SPOKES
DT Swiss Industry, stainless
FRONT TIRE
Specialized Butcher Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 650bx2.3"
REAR TIRE
Specialized Purgatory Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 650bx2.3"

SADDLE
Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
SEATPOST
Command Post IRcc, cruiser control technology, micro-adjust height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm travel, M/L/XL: 125mm

Damn, the prices of bikes from your traditional retailers are bananas when compared to the direct sales guys here in Europe. 

I had a look at the 2016 Stumpy FSR Comp Carbon 650B which retails for €3,999 (http://www.bikelane.nl/specialized-prijslijst-fietsen). Now, compare this to the 2016 Canyon Spectral CF 9.0 which also retails for €3,999and tell me that these are even remotely comparable in spec. I know direct sales will always be cheaper and maybe Spez' carbon chassis is of a higher grade or manufacture, but damn.

Ja dude. When I was investigating new bikes, the likes of YT and Canyon were riiiiight up there. With the exchange at the level it was at the time, as well as duties, they were mostly similar in price to the Giant pricing once all was said and done, with equivalent spec levels. Very, very good options. 

Ja dude. When I was investigating new bikes, the likes of YT and Canyon were riiiiight up there. With the exchange at the level it was at the time, as well as duties, they were mostly similar in price to the Giant pricing once all was said and done, with equivalent spec levels. Very, very good options. 

Yip. These direct sales manufacturers are probably becoming a pain in the arse for the likes of Giant and Spez. 

On a sidenote, the 2016 YT Capra AL still haunts my dreams...

http://www.yt-industries.com/engine/Shopware/Plugins/Community/Frontend/Diw360Slider/Views/frontend/_resources/360slider/360img/komplett/2016180.1/small/27.jpgFor only 2,299 euros!

I think people still like bricks and mortar for their bike buying, so direct to customer hasn't taken over yet.

Canyon Spectral is still topping my list for next bike purchase though. Cannot beat that value.