Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

Agreed. I reckon it's difficult to put out great reviews off the bat, especially if you're not used to writing a shedload to begin with. But with more time, and more experience together with more exposure to other reviews and works, then your ability to put out a solid review should improve. 

And we're seeing it is

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the one with the 135mm rear hubs, which HOPE's own engineers said were all that were necessary after a few tweaks, like wider flanges and less dishing to one side?

EDIT: Sorry - 17x130mm spacing. 

Standards Shmandards

The thought of yet another brake mounting "standard" or proposed hub spacing change is bound to send a lot of us into angry spasms, and rightfully so, but Hope has done exactly that with their HB.211. They are not intending to force any industry-wide changes, however, and the bike may or may not even reach production. All Hope wanted to do was to see what they could come up with if they built a frame the best way they saw fit while taking advantage of their brake, hub, crank and bottom bracket manufacturing abilities. 

''The bike uses very few current standards since it has been developed as a design concept rather than a product design exercise,'' Hope explained about the bike's ethos. ''Maybe not the best solution for compatibility, but when you make every part, it gives you the opportunity to manufacture a bike without compromise.'' To Hope, a bike without compromise features a zero-dish, 17 x 130mm rear hub spacing, a radial mount rear brake setup, a 30mm crank and bottom bracket interface, and a proprietary chain guide mounting pattern.

17 x 130mm Hub Spacing - A wheel with zero dish and equal spoke tension on either side should be stronger than what's currently the norm, so that's what Hope did. The CNC'd aluminum chain and seatstays are asymmetrical to provide the required clearance, and the 130mm wide rear hub sees the rotor and disc-side spoke flange moved closer together. Why 130mm and not 142, 148, or some other random number? Hope says that the slim rear end is less likely to catch on things that don't move, like rocks and trees, which should help to keep your derailleur safer, and 130mm is the space required for everything to fit in nicely. 

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/hope-hb211-enduro-bike-sea-otter-2016.html

Great project, since they're not planning on selling it to the public they can do what they want. A rear wheel with zero dish would be a godsend. I'd buy the hub just for that.

Agreed. I reckon it's difficult to put out great reviews off the bat, especially if you're not used to writing a shedload to begin with. But with more time, and more experience together with more exposure to other reviews and works, then your ability to put out a solid review should improve. 

And we're seeing it is

I wouldnt mind doing some reveiws for the hub :ph34r:

especially on bikes

Woah. New Meta AM V4-2. Ranging from $ 2,199 to $ 4,599. Nico - here's your budget beater.

Someone on PB referred to it as a "no-scope headshot" to other bikes. I think he's right... 

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/commencals-monster-trailbike-meta-am-v4-2.html

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb13856101/p5pb13856101.jpg

Gawddam dat's hawt!

I own a Commie and while the Race and WC versions seem good value, the origin and ride seem a tad overpriced, considering they don't even have droppers.

Compare those bikes with this beast from Radon and you'll realise the kind of value for money you can get from ze Germans.

post-62668-0-43978000-1472022019_thumb.jpg

Edit: I should probably add the price for some context: €2.399

*That being said, the Commies do have the option to run metric shocks and may have better frame fabrication.

Edited by Odinson

Thoughts on Focus' budget single pivot trail bike?

post-62668-0-87384200-1472036708_thumb.jpg

Focus VICE Factory – 13.8 kg

Fork: RockShox Yari RC 130 mm
Shock: RockShox Deluxe R
Drivetrain: SRAM NX 1×11
Brakes: SRAM Guide R 180 / 160 mm
Wheelset: Concept EX
Tires: Continental Mountain King II 2.4 Protection SL
Seatpost: Concept Drop SL 120 mm
Saddle: fi’zi:k Tundra M5
Price: € 2,499

VICE Details:

► Intended use: trail riding / generating massive fun
► 3 models available: PRO/SL/FACTORY
► 27,5″ wheel size
► Frame material: aluminium
► Long reach, short 50 mm stem
► Dropper-post
► Boost hub spacing
► BSA BB
► Easy to access cable-routing

attachicon.gifVICE-FACTORY.jpg

Fork: RockShox Yari RC 130 mm

Shock: RockShox Deluxe R

Drivetrain: SRAM NX 1×11

Brakes: SRAM Guide R 180 / 160 mm

Wheelset: Concept EX

Tires: Continental Mountain King II 2.4 Protection SL

Seatpost: Concept Drop SL 120 mm

Saddle: fi’zi:k Tundra M5

Price: € 2,499

VICE Details:

► 27,5″ wheel size

► Dropper-post

► Boost hub spacing

► BSA BB

It's really really ugly, but that's a decent amount of bike for R40k

The Commies blow me away though.  Great looking, sounds like they ride like lightning and the price points put most competitors to shame.  I endorse this.

attachicon.gifVICE-FACTORY.jpg

Fork: RockShox Yari RC 130 mmShock: RockShox Deluxe RDrivetrain: SRAM NX 1×11Brakes: SRAM Guide R 180 / 160 mmWheelset: Concept EXTires: Continental Mountain King II 2.4 Protection SLSeatpost: Concept Drop SL 120 mmSaddle: fi’zi:k Tundra M5Price: € 2,499

VICE Details:

► 27,5″ wheel size

► Dropper-post

► Boost hub spacing

► BSA BB

That shock position is not good and won't work very well.???? Edited by Bizkit031

That shock position is not good and won't work very well.

http://14761-presscdn-0-15.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/FOCUS-JAM-C-FACTORY.jpg

There, I fixed it. Now that will be € 4999

please don't try and tell me this is not #ENDURO

http://www.fooriders.com/images/bikes/breezer/DSCN0417.JPG