Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

35 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Is there really anything so propriety about the design.

The idler is just a pulley wheel and the shock just has a cover, the cover can be considered a frame part like any other bike which is specific to that brand and bike frame.

Bearings are bearings in the linkages.

Maybe less on this bike than a usual upper end 'Dale. That pulley wheel is probably proprietary or has a weirdly tapped bolt or something.

I don't really like pulley wheel drive trains. They look silly to me. 

While my opinion doesn't matter, I just can't look past the fact that the frame looks way too busy and weirdly proportioned.

As I said, I'm sure it rides beautifully. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's reflect.

There have been other brands that have previously had their shock within the frame or protruding through the frame. So what Scott and Cannondale are doing is not really far from what has been done before?

IMG_1767_1024x1024.jpg?v=1618394272images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_uNPiDU6yTDBsxEXfe5mKdug36O0ojNfecg&usqp=CAUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrns1bV2EZI8AInCzspGjv8gRbRARV0u1ZSw&usqp=CAU

8 hours ago, Hairy said:

Let's reflect.

There have been other brands that have previously had their shock within the frame or protruding through the frame. So what Scott and Cannondale are doing is not really far from what has been done before?

IMG_1767_1024x1024.jpg?v=1618394272images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_uNPiDU6yTDBsxEXfe5mKdug36O0ojNfecg&usqp=CAUimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrns1bV2EZI8AInCzspGjv8gRbRARV0u1ZSw&usqp=CAU

I was waiting for someone to bring up an old trance or reign 

9 hours ago, Hairy said:

Let's reflect.

The new Banshee Trance ain't bad either;Titan Technology (Copy) — Banshee Bikes

Banshee Titan - Part One

Edited by stefmeister

This thing weighs about 1kg more than the Cannondale and has an even higher pivot. On looks alone, I'd prefer the Jekyll. 

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

That's a Cannondale bro........ ????

Scott bought a majority stake / share in Bold.

• 3 weeks later...