Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Very nice!!! Where did you source the frame?

Did you source any of the other components from abroad?

Hi Craig

Sourced it from iCan bikes in China. No I did not source any other parts from there but they have a whole range of carbon components as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hubbers,

I am about to purchase a carbon road disc fork through HongFu, and with regards to payments and shipping:

They are super helpful with correspondence etc but:

- is it normal to pay first by PayPal and then simply email them your shipping details?

- is there no sort of order form other than their enquiries on the webpage? My residence, banking address and shipping address are all different addresses.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

(Apologies I didn't go through all 73 pages of the thread, got through 10 but we work public holidays for the sake of having Friday free, so gotta work while hubbing in moderation)

Hey Hubbers,

I am about to purchase a carbon road disc fork through HongFu, and with regards to payments and shipping:

- is it normal to pay first by PayPal and then simply email them your shipping details?

- is there no sort of order form other than their enquiries on the webpage? My residence, banking address and shipping address are all different addresses.

(Apologies I didn't go through all 73 pages of the thread, got through 10 but we work public holidays for the sake of having Friday free, so gotta work while hubbing in moderation)

That is how they operate unfortunately based on my experience with them. Just keep all your correspondence with the agent you are dealing with. You will get an invoice with your goods. There will be a tracking number mailed to you once it is shipped then you can track via China EMS until you can track here from dispatched to Jhb mail and then use SAPO EMS.

Edited by Cippo

Hey Hubbers,

You pay by PayPal first.

If you pay using PayPal, your shipping details will already be on our PayPal account and they will automatically be notified. You need to ensure that the shipping address is specified on your PayPal account, that is the one that will be used. This is set up when you set up a PayPal account.

You can notify them by email but they will use the PayPal shipping address listed.

If you pay by PayPal you will have buyers protection from PayPal should your item not arrive.

Can you give us some more information,

cost, model number, group set fitted etc.

G

Hey awesme you're a lazy b... ;) Read the thread!!

Cost was around 32k (frame 7400 delivered with extras) Sourced most of the parts from the hub but only bought new or good as new stuff and then wheels and so on I had to get new as there aren't that many secondhand 650 wheels around.

Well I'm on holiday, aren't I allowed to be?

G

Hey awesme you're a lazy b... ;) Read the thread!!

Cost was around 32k (frame 7400 delivered with extras) Sourced most of the parts from the hub but only bought new or good as new stuff and then wheels and so on I had to get new as there aren't that many secondhand 650 wheels around.

PS Izak

to continue the all black look, although mine will be a hard tail, I'm not going with stickers on the rims,

have a think, pull those stickers off, easy easy.

G

Finished my build today...

Hi MTB

I see you like the UD finish,

do you have a UD finished bike,

do you maybe have a 3K finish bike also,

would love to look at the 2 side by side.

G

I'd have gone 056 or 057 (hope hubs can go QR or TA) if I hadn't found my Highball frame for such a great deal. UD Matte is too tasty.

HI, i am looking for a supplier of wheels - I am building a cyclocross bike so want a set of disc specific cyclocross rims, carbon. If not then a set of 29er carbon rims, disc.

Anyone know of a Chinese supplier that does the 29er carbon wheels or has anyone bought a set?

THanks

HI, i am looking for a supplier of wheels - I am building a cyclocross bike so want a set of disc specific cyclocross rims, carbon. If not then a set of 29er carbon rims, disc.

Anyone know of a Chinese supplier that does the 29er carbon wheels or has anyone bought a set?

THanks

I am buying a carbon frame from carbonality.com and they seem very good. They also produce very good looking carbon 29er wheelsets that are not badly priced! Speak to Jason there.

Go check them out

I am buying a carbon frame from carbonality.com and they seem very good. They also produce very good looking carbon 29er wheelsets that are not badly priced! Speak to Jason there.

Go check them out

My GAEA is still going like the clappers....

Just giving big ups for the advice from le fellow hubbers.

As scary as it was, summoned up the courage to click that send payment button and will hopefully recieve my chinese carbon goods from HongFu all in good order. So scary these online transactions are.

@Izak - that build looks awesome, came together nicely