Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

What/who is Matt?

Noted, but since these Matte coloured bikes have such character, they are often comparable to humans. This obviously lead us to believe our Mattes really are Matt's and is definitely not from a lack of litteracy.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote matte 3K.

I've seen the matte UD and it's pretty but looks like tupperware plastic. If I splash out on a carbon frame part of it because I want people to see it for it's beauty and the 3K weave looks the best for me.

So, what exactly is Matte? I thought it referred to the unpolished, dull or 'Matt' finish, with the UD or 3K weave........confused!

http://www.light-bicycle.com/the-3k-12k-ud-carbon-fiber-weave-for-rim-and-frame.html

In case theres anyone else out there wondering what 3k 12k and UD means... very informative...

3k is best looking but UD generally performs best,

For best frame performance you want UD in the long members [top tube etc.] and 3k around all the bends.

Good info, thanks.

Now, what about the Matte/Matt/mat/mate question?

I bought a carbon fork from Flyxii and I now see it comes in Matt or Gloss and in 3K Weave, UD or Matte. Did not even realize when I ordered, lucky I god the 3K, looks awesome!

Edited by BBN

matt or gloss finish... which do you prefer?

So now, being more informed, I can happily say, mate, that I would go for the 3K Weave with the Matt finish..........in the long sections only, of course.

hahaha, was more interested in peoples preferences than the technicalities, but good informative stuff....

http://www.light-bic...-and-frame.html

In case theres anyone else out there wondering what 3k 12k and UD means... very informative...

3k is best looking but UD generally performs best,

For best frame performance you want UD in the long members [top tube etc.] and 3k around all the bends.

If snopes,com had a section for carbon myths this would be an entry.

The finish on the carbon bits we buy is cosmetic, the layup is not altered but the finish being 3k, 12k or UD. Accordingly there is no difference in strength on a bicycle for the outside pattern.

Man, I'm so down.

I finally made the jump and ordered my chinese carbon frame about a week ago and found out yesterday that the shop where I ordered from is being closed down for copyright infringement :thumbdown:

Now I have to wait for Aliexpress to refund me before shopping again.

Was so hyped up about it. Already bought the groupset and wheels now this :huh:

Man, I'm so down.

I finally made the jump and ordered my chinese carbon frame about a week ago and found out yesterday that the shop where I ordered from is being closed down for copyright infringement :thumbdown:

Now I have to wait for Aliexpress to refund me before shopping again.

Was so hyped up about it. Already bought the groupset and wheels now this :huh:

Which was the shop, so that others do not shop there?

If snopes,com had a section for carbon myths this would be an entry.

The finish on the carbon bits we buy is cosmetic, the layup is not altered but the finish being 3k, 12k or UD. Accordingly there is no difference in strength on a bicycle for the outside pattern.

Dont know what your trying to say here, are you saying that what we see is only an external layer which is there for cosmetics? I was under the impression that UD had most strength in 1 direction while 3k is a weave and has strength in more than one direction?

Which was the shop, so that others do not shop there?

Umm, Hongkong something something (will go and have a look what the exact name was). Dont have to worry about others shopping there because the shop has been closed down and removed from the website by Aliexpress.

Basically all the shops that advertise Pinarello,Specialized etc as well as branded wheels are not legal and seem to infringe on the copyright laws. However if they advertise a Pinarello, Venge etc without logo's it seems to be "legal"

How many guys have bought from carbonality and know what there shipping for rims is. There hole wheel shipping is a bit pricy so if its the same for just a rim, i probably wont get from them