LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Movies are taking a lot longer to copy to Google drive than anticipated - when it gets really wet in Cape Town (as it is at the moment), my internet speed takes a nose dive.

Food Inc and Supersize Me have copied, I hope that Fathead and Generation Rx will get across overnight.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the doccies I've contributed have poor-ish sound quality, so suggest watching them on your peecee with earphones.

Some of the doccies I've contributed have poor-ish sound quality, so suggest watching them on your peecee with earphones.

I have oodles of night-time data available so if need be will download "proper" copies if they exist and put on the Google drive.

I think I can dump a few books if I have the rights to do so... I do not want to share a drive for all to see...

See I can't dump files. Will set up a folder later on to share. But now it is time to rest and relax till 17H00...

Edited by François Marais

Just had a nice piece of Fillet for lunch. Tummy very happy

I used to love fillet, now I see it in the same light as alcohol free beer and decaf coffee....

LCHF File Share on Google Drive:

https://drive.google...WE0&usp=sharing

All the docs have copied, the documentaries may take a day or two to copy across.

(The doccies could not be copied to Dropbox due to running out of space, so sorry for that).

@Francois, could you perhaps pin this to the first page of the thread, please ?

Fathead the Movie has copied, but I only noticed now that I am home that the reason for the slow copy is because the movie is 2.2GB big. I will try to convert it down to a much smaller mp4 later today and copy that across, but for those with enough bandwidth, it is on the drive and worth a watch - a good chuckle and it shows that Supersize Me had a completely different agenda that what is purported to be.

Fathead the Movie has copied, but I only noticed now that I am home that the reason for the slow copy is because the movie is 2.2GB big. I will try to convert it down to a much smaller mp4 later today and copy that across, but for those with enough bandwidth, it is on the drive and worth a watch - a good chuckle and it shows that Supersize Me had a completely different agenda that what is purported to be.

Converted Fathead to divx format (download the decoder/player if you don't have it) and that is now about 800MB, it is in the folder. Let me know if there are other relevant and interesting doccies that you know about, and I will download and copy to the folder.

Two weeks on a training course away from home - much as I tried I could not control my diet simply due to the fact that I was part of a group that had lunch and dinner together. On the weekends I stayed with either my carb-loving family or a vegetarian friend. Many of the lunches consisted of either pizza, tramezinni or sandwhices and although I tried to grab only those that contained fatty fillings, I paid the price. By the first weekend I had developed a distinct rash on my face - something that my brother gets as well, but he called it a "winter rash". I put two and two together and figured it was from the wheat, cut all the wheat in the second week and three days later the rash was gone!

I picked up 1.5kg in the first 9 days, but by simply avoiding wheat and by supplementing my breakfast with good doses of full cream, I managed to run a slightly better Fat : Carbs ratio and I am now 2kg down. Admittedly I was eating very little in the end, but I could no longer live with the side effects like the rash, like the energy dips and just not feeling on top of the world.

I also stopped drinking coffee altogether in week 2 and I think that also made a huge difference in my energy levels being more constant - and even in the weight situation maybe. Much as I planned for this trip, several things happened that I could not comfortably get around : the fact that we ate together as a group made my situation quite uncomfortable and it would have appeared rude if I insisted on eating my own food. My vegetarian friend cannot stand the smell of cooked meat so even though I took ample meat (frozen) with me, I wasn't able to cook it. My family, in spite of being quite aware of my dietary preferences, insisted on eating ultra high carb while I was there, almost as if they were trying to prove to me that I had it wrong and they had it right.

Anyways, it is good to be home and to be able to focus on a more healthy way of eating again. My weight is now continuing to track down, so I am going to keep that momentum going. I thought I'd share this with you as we have discussed the short stay trips and how you get around that, but this proved to be quite another challenge !

Have a great day !

Social outings/dinners do make it a lot more difficult. I think it is also convenient to use the "I am going with the status quo argument" as a "valid" excuse to cheat - at least I do.

A little unscientific and unplanned n=1 experiment on my part. 2 weeks ago scoffed 2 little Woolies burgers (those bite sized ones) at a picnic and 5 mins later had a horrid post nasal drip and sore throat. Assumed I was catching something from one of the kids. A week later I scoffed half a boerie role at a braai and exact same thing!

Similar thing with me, went out for coffee last week Thursday and while everyone had carrot cake, I ordered myself creamy chicken livers which came with 2 ciabattas. I Couldn't resist and ate one of them, about an hour later I was extremely nauseous for a few hours.

For the last week I've had a slight scratch in my throat and have had congested sinuses in the mornings and evenings. Other than those symptoms I have felt fine but in this last week (post 12hr race) the legs have felt absolutely useless, not sore or anything but there is just no power whatsoever. Can't tell you how frustrating it is. I'm not sure if it is diet related or not though.

Similar thing with me, went out for coffee last week Thursday and while everyone had carrot cake, I ordered myself creamy chicken livers which came with 2 ciabattas. I Couldn't resist and ate one of them, about an hour later I was extremely nauseous for a few hours.

For the last week I've had a slight scratch in my throat and have had congested sinuses in the mornings and evenings. Other than those symptoms I have felt fine but in this last week (post 12hr race) the legs have felt absolutely useless, not sore or anything but there is just no power whatsoever. Can't tell you how frustrating it is. I'm not sure if it is diet related or not though.

Yip, I get the exact same symptoms when I eat bread. Feels like you just starting a cold or something and a few hours later its gone - well in my case anyway. It normally takes about 3-4 hours for me to feel better again and some exercise can speed up that process. Maybe the endorphin's override the bad feeling.

William Davis of Wheat Belly fame might have an explanation for your sensitivity to wheat products.

In the YouTube vid titled "William Davis - Wheat The UNhealthy Whole Grain" he mentioned that the gut gets more sensitive to reintroducing wheat after a period of avoiding it.

Anyone know where you can find Kefir grains in JHB (northish)?

Got some from An3's fiancee last week. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I'm already giving some away today, so can only help out later next week.

I'm in Germiston area, so let me know if you are intered and we can make a plan for you to collect.