LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm busy trying the CKD.

Only been two weeks so early days.

Last week I was normal Keto Mon-Thurs, Fri dinner I ate carbs, did a 5 hour MTB ride Saturday, ate carbs at about 2 hours and 3 hours and then bonked hard.

But it was my first 5 hour ride in a few years so can't say for sure it was from the carbs.

Previous to this I had been full time keto and could easily finish 3-4 hour rides with just a nut butter or two during the ride and no issue with bonking.

Going to try a shorter ride this weekend with some carbs again to see how it goes.

I came here to learn a bit about LCHF and started at the end of the thread, all I have learnt about is people. I'm already a cranky old git and I have come to the conclusion that if I try this LCHF diet my wife will throw me out of the house! 

• 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Am I right in saying this diet was a total fad?

or do people still follow it, but just not talk about it like crossfit/vegan/ironman?

fad, as in everyone did it, but it didn't work, or fad in that everyone did it, then swapped to the next hyped diet and those that kept it up are now just doing it as part of their lifestyle?

13 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Am I right in saying this diet was a total fad?

or do people still follow it, but just not talk about it like crossfit/vegan/ironman?

hahahahahaha, oh boy that is a poke at a bear. That being said my registered dietician had me at 80grams of carbs an hour for our little EC jaunt last year. I reused cycling shorts, socks and other stuff to pack extra food in the crates but it was definitely worth it. She also got my GERD to a point where I can manage it without medicine and my quality of life is vastly improved...

Remember fad diets are a great business plan.

Bring out a new diet and market it.

People try it out and lose weight and rave about it. Books, juicers, food, random food and other cr...p is bought.

months later the diet is unsustainable and the person fails to follow it.

The person then regains weight(and a few extra kg) often because their stomach has been trained against it. ( after banting did you notice how many people couldn't handle carbs well)

Januworry 1st - rinse and repeat with a new diet...

Ask any person who has spoken to you about dieting, the odds are they have tried more than one fad diet...

Everybody knows that if you do cross fit, eat vegan and take Herbalife supplements you will lose weight, keep the weight off, have loads to talk about, be a part of 3 cults AND have a chance to grow a multi million dollar business!

All the other diets are just fluff.....

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Everybody knows that if you do cross fit, eat vegan and take Herbalife supplements you will lose weight, keep the weight off, have loads to talk about, be a part of 3 cults AND have a chance to grow a multi million dollar business!

All the other diets are just fluff.....

Off topic, at a braai over the festive season

Mate "I can't believe he is 13 and still believes in Santa"

Mate's wife 'you're 39 and still believe in Herbalife you tchop"