PPC Kremetart one day stage Race 8th June (MTB 9th June)

The Guy in Pink

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From The Zoutpansberger ; http://www.zoutnet.co.za/details/30-05-2013/now_the_time_to_enter_the_kremetart/19333

Author Isabel Venter.

Time is running out for those who have not yet entered for the region’s sporting event of the year.

Entries for this year’s PPC Kremetart Cycling Race will close on 2 June. On Tuesday, the total number of entries was already at 1 083. This year, entries will be limited to 1 500 cyclists.

The Kremetart will take place from 7 to 9 June in and around Makhado (Louis Trichardt). The Kremetart mountain bike race will also be hosted as a cross-country Olympic event and will also be a Limpopo qualifying event.

Online registration is open and cyclists who wish to enter are encouraged to do so soon before all the slots are snatched up. Cyclists can log on to www.kremetartcycling.co.za to register.

On Saturday, 8 June, the younger cyclists can look forward to the KFC 10km fun ride, with just over R5 000 in prize money. Cyclists between the ages of 10 and 13 can enter. Entries for the fun ride will open on Friday, 7 June, from 12:00 until 20:00 at the tourism information centre. Cyclists can still enter up until 15 minutes before the race, which will start at 08:45. Medals will be given to all finishers.

This year, 10% of the entry fees will also be donated to the Rhino Peace Foundation to help in the fight against rhino poaching.

After the fun ride, youngsters between the ages of two and 11 will have a chance to participate. Here, R2 200 in prize money can be won. The race will start at 13:00 on Saturday and parents can also enter their children at the information centre.

With this record-breaking Kremetart, accommodation for visitors is already fully booked and becoming a serious headache for the organizers. They have therefore appealed to anyone who may have accommodation available, such as a room to rent, to phone Pétria Marais at 015 516 5771 . She will be responsible for coordinating all the accommodation available at private homes.

For further information, Renda can be contacted during office hours at 015 516 1328/9, or people can log on to www.kremetartcycling.co.za.

Will there be a hubbers get-together @ the pasta evening before, or the party afterwards?

What sort of race times is everyone hoping for?

My brother & I are aiming for between 5 & 5.5 hours.

Wind permitting.

Will be a looooooooong time in the saddle. :D :D

Wind permitting.

My first one so I have no idea - go till we blow

My first one so I have no idea - go till we blow

Did a 5:41 last year. Wasn't too fit, but I'm even more unfit this year

Wind permitting.

After doing 8:51 in the saddle on day two of Sani, 5.5 hours is a very short ride! lol

Did a 5:41 last year. Wasn't too fit, but I'm even more unfit this year

Find a bunch and hide :ph34r:

Find a bunch and hide :ph34r:

Age grouped batch starts... It can be lonely out to the end of stage one into the wind (it was last year) Second stage was really rough. Got my legs back for stages 3 & 4

avg speed (do not have profiles of the terrain)

Stage 1: 53km @ 30.8km/h (Nasty cold start climb, long section into the wind towards the end of the stage)

Stage 2: 48km @ 27.5

Stage 3: 52km @ 34.6 (I DID feel good here!)

Stage 4: 22km @ 30.4 (mostly a solo TT from the back of the start group after the first few km was taken VERY easily)

Age grouped batch starts... It can be lonely out to the end of stage one into the wind (it was last year) Second stage was really rough. Got my legs back for stages 3 & 4

avg speed (do not have profiles of the terrain)

Stage 1: 53km @ 30.8km/h (Nasty cold start climb, long section into the wind towards the end of the stage)

Stage 2: 48km @ 27.5

Stage 3: 52km @ 34.6 (I DID feel good here!)

Stage 4: 22km @ 30.4 (mostly a solo TT from the back of the start group after the first few km was taken VERY easily)

Can see you suffered on stage 2! :whistling:

Stage 2 last year was insane... Head wind of note.

Can see you suffered on stage 2! :whistling:

Messed up the Garmin last year. Could only recover stages 3 and 4. So I need to go back and do the event again this year to record my averageness on stage one climb for Strava :whistling: