Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Don't feel alone. The other day at Meerendal someone asked me whether I got my Tracer at Makro. Laughed so hard, I spilt half my coffee.

Meerendal seems to attract many new / inexperienced riders...this based on my observations from the weekend past.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel alone. The other day at Meerendal someone asked me whether I got my Tracer at Makro. Laughed so hard, I spilt half my coffee.

hope you replied...yea on special .

Meerendal seems to attract many new / inexperienced riders...this based on my observations from the weekend past.

Ja also noticed that. And some real dumb asses too. Came down those new bermed sections close to the top of Stairway yesterday and here's a guy standing with his little daughter on her little bike, right in the middle of one of the big berms. Little girl's in tears, because it's scary up there for a little one. FFS! I mean really, surely you must be able to use your common sense, even if you're new to the sport.

Yesterday? White tracer, riding with a buddy? 

If so, I was the bloke looking rather tired, in the pink helmet that passed you at the carpark when you were just starting your ride. Came down at about 10h30 / 11am. 

Edited by El Capitan

"[/size]The frame is only 15k coz it has "Commencal" on it. They don't have a superior suspension design that many buyers are willing to pay a premium for."[/size]

Hahaha still haven't gotten over that? Good for you man.

I made that comment, just in case you guys were wondering. It's a cult brand so my "gem" was likely not politically correct.

In hindsight, I probably should not have brought up the linkage design. I am not a suspension expert. I would pay extra for a proven design. I.e VPP, Maestro or anything Dave Weagle has a patent for.

Another thing I considered while developing the above pearl of wisdom was that you'd have you spend at least 6k on a suitable shock to match your fluorescent frame and aggressive #Enduro skill set. I say at least 6k coz you're gonna want all the joeys on the trail to ask you about it.

Lastly, I factored in the back up. I've of a guy waiting up to 10 weeks for a V4 frame before requesting a refund. After sales service should be a top priority for any consumer.

So yes, I stand by that Commencals do not represent the best in value. R37K buys you a brand new Giant Reign. I don't need to tell you about the Reign though, you "got the first one in the country".

And finally, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't be a dick. There's no need to patronise on the Hub.

Naa u not just paying for a name where commencal is concerned.

They have a rich history of accolades in enduro, dh, and even design awards etc

They keep winning awards year by year so it has to be special

Hahaha still haven't gotten over that? Good for you man.

I made that comment, just in case you guys were wondering. It's a cult brand so my "gem" was likely not politically correct.

In hindsight, I probably should not have brought up the linkage design. I am not a suspension expert. I would pay extra for a proven design. I.e VPP, Maestro or anything Dave Weagle has a patent for.

Another thing I considered while developing the above pearl of wisdom was that you'd have you spend at least 6k on a suitable shock to match your fluorescent frame and aggressive #Enduro skill set. I say at least 6k coz you're gonna want all the joeys on the trail to ask you about it.

Lastly, I factored in the back up. I've of a guy waiting up to 10 weeks for a V4 frame before requesting a refund. After sales service should be a top priority for any consumer.

So yes, I stand by that Commencals do not represent the best in value. R37K buys you a brand new Giant Reign. I don't need to tell you about the Reign though, you "got the first one in the country".

And finally, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't be a dick. There's no need to patronise on the Hub.

Touchy touchy.

If I wanted to be a dick I would have tagged you in that post. While we were talking about the Meta's thought it appropriate to bring up their reputation even here on the hub. I purposefully left your name out.

I'm not sure what "having the first Reign in SA" has to do with anything. Edited by Brawler

Sorry I'm from close to George and we don't have a Makro here and I've looked at the bikes at Game but they seems to be out of stock, which Makro did you buy from, do they still have stock?

Guest notmyname

yea definitely .

Those be the bikes.

As far as I know it 15k without a rear shock for the new Commencal Meta? So if you add a rear shock it comes close to 20k Probably...

Anyways To Each His Own! As long as you enjoi your ride whats the point of debating which is better or cheaper or what size your Wheels are.. It Personal choice in the end.

I for one would rather get the Commencal but hey I'm still on 26"

Yesterday? White tracer, riding with a buddy? 

If so, I was the bloke looking rather tired, in the pink helmet that passed you at the carpark when you were just starting your ride. Came down at about 10h30 / 11am.

Yup. That was us. Small world. I was tired even before I started!