Your Enduro ride

Robodog

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive snapped my Alu DH bar a few years ago, scary stuff... Broke on the pull up, just as I took of from jump, haha

Same happened to Mr Christmas Tree with a set of Answer Pro Taper DH bars. As you say, scary stuff :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Still has bottle cage, my bike wins, LOL

:drool:

I know, sacriledge right ! But a 150mm travel bike with space for a bottle holder is a win !

Cant wait to give it a rip with tyres that I can trust in the turns.

Quick rundown

Frame - Lapierre Zesty 650 XL

Fork - Pike 650 160mm

Sram 2 x 10 - XO Grips

Formula R1 Stoppers

Renthal 780 Bars

70m 0 Degree rise Thomson 4 x Stem

Mavic Enduro Wheelset with 2.2 Roam on the Back and a 2.4 on the front

Reverb Dropper

Pretty much my dream build.

There are a couple of these bikes still available in smaller sizes ( M and S ) if anyone is keen on a lesser spotted bike. Lapierre bikes have a big following in Europe and are fairly new to SA. I'm not an agent, nor do I have any affiliation with them, but can point you in the direction of one :thumbup:

Standard spec is pretty decent. I did a lot of part swapping off my Yeti, but the wheelset was an upgrade.

Standard wheels are Mavic Rims on Lapierre hubs which arent bad.

The Rapid Rons that they are specced with are crap and a bit puzzling on an All Mountain bike.

So I managed to get my hands on a RS Pike, best damn fork I've ever ridden. If you are thinking about getting one, do it, do it now! :)

post-18173-0-34356400-1394382003_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1394389114,0352.jpg

Finally got to try these out. Perfect width for the Mbuzi and the up and backsweep is just about spot on. 760mm is more comfortable compared to the 780mm Renthals that now do duty on the M9.

These are not as stiff as the Renthals and it is noticeable but they absorb a lot of fine trail buzz nicely. Combined with the ODI Rogue grips makes for a very comfortable cockpit especially with a long travel solo air fork like the Lyrik that doesn't do such a great job at small bumps and such.

Had a little bit of hand strain but I wrote that off to not being on the bike for the last 8 weeks +-

All in very happy. Money well spent.

So I managed to get my hands on a RS Pike, best damn fork I've ever ridden. If you are thinking about getting one, do it, do it now! :)

Damn you, there's been one sitting in my shopping cart for a few days now.

Archived