Your Enduro ride

Robodog

he is that dude, but Peach didn't sell you the Moto... I did :P

Yoh... Shows what happens when I don't paying attention! haha

Have been chatting to the guy where I collected the moto from this morning already, he has one left in my colour :thumbup:

As well as the bars I decided to go for in that same colour :clap:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh... Shows what happens when I don't paying attention! haha

Have been chatting to the guy where I collected the moto from this morning already, he has one left in my colour :thumbup:

As well as the bars I decided to go for in that same colour :clap:

777?

I bought a Birzman bar cutter from the same dude if you need... :P

the bars I have on now are 710mm, will try them for a bit at 777 but i think 740/750 sounds good.

I prefer to call them steerer-tube cutters.

Cutting bars is somewhat criminal. Leaving steerers uncut is more so!

That's what the :P meant

the bars I have on now are 710mm, will try them for a bit at 777 but i think 740/750 sounds good.

I find 760mm great. The wife has the chrome Subrosa 747 bar. Cut it down to 725ish for her.

Edited by SLiiick

Is anyone with a Morewood Shova ST running (or tried out) a Monarch RT3 on it?

I have the fox dhx air 4.0 & considering to purchase a monarch rt3 to try, but it's alot of moolas if it doen't work that well.

I am 92kgs fully kitted.

Is anyone with a Morewood Shova ST running (or tried out) a Monarch RT3 on it?

I have the fox dhx air 4.0 & considering to purchase a monarch rt3 to try, but it's alot of moolas if it doen't work that well.

I am 92kgs fully kitted.

IIRC Brian Fantana has the rt3 on his shova, also interested to hear how it performs.

IIRC Brian Fantana has the rt3 on his shova, also interested to hear how it performs.

Lekker!

I will watch this space... B)

FINALLY!

After endless troubles trying to get the MRP G2 guide fitted to the MOTO and then running a temp solution I got to modify the goodies I had in order to mount the MRP.

In short:

• had to saw the ISG tab adaptor down the center of it's thickness and then sand it to an even, smooth and as thin as possible in order to work with the overbuilt BB area on the MOTO...a good bit of labour involved
  • removed the crank to discover the LHS BB was just about seized .... ok, scratch through spares box and found a "nearly new" LHS BB cup. Win!
  • spent lots of time playing with spacers to get the alignment right, eventually used spacers as a "sandwich" between the top guides plates in order to get a better angle for the chain to work ... had to pillage the odds and ends containers to find / mix and match, but the time was well spent.
  • the bash guard on the lower side and adjacent to the roller tends to rubs ever so slightly on the chain when the chain angle is at it's most extreme. I will sand this area down to accommodate the chainline.
  • quick ride in this morning with a couple of long stairs and drops in the CBD and the guide has kept the chain nice and securely!

So now a couple of trail rides to see just how the MRP fairs.

post-5403-0-79066500-1381480775_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-11659800-1381480795_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-98954000-1381480802_thumb.jpg

FINALLY!

After endless troubles trying to get the MRP G2 guide fitted to the MOTO and then running a temp solution I got to modify the goodies I had in order to mount the MRP.

In short:

• had to saw the ISG tab adaptor down the center of it's thickness and then sand it to an even, smooth and as thin as possible in order to work with the overbuilt BB area on the MOTO...a good bit of labour involved
  • removed the crank to discover the LHS BB was just about seized .... ok, scratch through spares box and found a "nearly new" LHS BB cup. Win!
  • spent lots of time playing with spacers to get the alignment right, eventually used spacers as a "sandwich" between the top guides plates in order to get a better angle for the chain to work ... had to pillage the odds and ends containers to find / mix and match, but the time was well spent.
  • the bash guard on the lower side and adjacent to the roller tends to rubs ever so slightly on the chain when the chain angle is at it's most extreme. I will sand this area down to accommodate the chainline.
  • quick ride in this morning with a couple of long stairs and drops in the CBD and the guide has kept the chain nice and securely!

So now a couple of trail rides to see just how the MRP fairs.

Looking good guy!