Your Enduro ride

Robodog

Guest Omega Man

in terms of wheels, albeit quite bland in appearance, consider the Mavic EX 821. It's the 'bland' version of their latest enduro specific rims. Fully UST complaint, as bombproof as the trust EX 823s, but lighter.

I would've taken the 821s had they not had such a long lead time. Went with the 823s instead.

The 823's are B.O.M.B. P.R.O.O.F. When I had them I'd get a flat at Tokai and just roll down the road on the rim back to the car park. I've even done that little baby double on my roots on a flat. Not one ding.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

aaaahhhh

Come ride. The track is AMAZINGGGGG!!!! It's the best track in CT by a long long way. All the jumps are safe and all the big stuff has b lines that are entertaining.

Guest Omega Man

WPDH champs @ the new morzine-clone / track ;)

You coming? You have helped finance it.

I will admit that some of my inspiration for the track came from Morzine. Ok pretty much all of it.

Need to see play around and see what works for what still once assembled, but currently building it light for trying to do some uphill. Going to start in short travel mode and change from there.

Full specs when assembled:

Frame: NS Soda

Fork: Durolux (180mm)

Shock: Monarch + RC3

Wheels: Hope Pro2 Evo with Flow EX rims

Crank: Saint with 32 chainring (have 34 as well but am soooo unfit at the moment).

Pedals: Nukeproof

Brakes: XT (203 rotor front & 180mm rear)

Seatpost: Reverb

Saddle: Nukeproof

Stem: Nukeproof 50mm

Handlebar: Dartmoor Blacklabel

Cassette: XT 11-36

Drivetrain: Zee with XT shifter and chain

Skills probably not up to that course yet, and still recovering from a recent sickness. Also bike won't be ready by then.

Might pull through to spectate depending on life and other stuff.

That's why I chose the Soda. Also have a RS Kage and Domain for swopping onto the bike for when feeling like being more adventurous.....still need to get a sturdier wheelset for that though. Options.....I like them

Of the wp dh fb page

@ anyone who isn't 100% sure about coming along The track is AMAZING! It's full of rad safe jumps. The track has 4 significant (gnarly) features but the b lines around them are still fun and fully do-able. The builders have gone to a huge amount of effort to build a track to keep everyone entertained and smiling all the way down.

Guest Omega Man

Of the wp dh fb page

@ anyone who isn't 100% sure about coming along The track is AMAZING! It's full of rad safe jumps. The track has 4 significant (gnarly) features but the b lines around them are still fun and fully do-able. The builders have gone to a huge amount of effort to build a track to keep everyone entertained and smiling all the way down.

Haha. I wrote that.

Edited by Omega Man

Of the wp dh fb page

Are you going?

Are you going?

Probably not - although I have just bought a nice carbon full face helmet and I will be doing the Urban Assault...

Guest Omega Man

Probably not - although I have just bought a nice carbon full face helmet and I will be doing the Urban Assault...

COME!! The track is rad. I'll do it on my AM bike with you.

I won't really. I've already washed and lubed my dh bike.

Edited by Omega Man

You coming? You have helped finance it.

I will admit that some of my inspiration for the track came from Morzine. Ok pretty much all of it.

i know i did, and i'm definitely planning to ride this weekend!

Guest Omega Man

i know i did, and i'm definitely planning to ride this weekend!

Nice. I've got some BIG plans there and we got the go ahead for them today. I'll give you a clue. Go on to youtube and type in the words Serpentine and Chatel.

Nice. I've got some BIG plans there and we got the go ahead for them today. I'll give you a clue. Go on to youtube and type in the words Serpentine and Chatel.

The serpentine with or without braking bumps? :ph34r:

hahaha!

I personally preferred Panoramic because it was in better condition... but serpentine is also great!

EDIT: Aaah hell... you dn't get bad trails there! just ones I don't yet have the skill to ride!

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

The serpentine with or without braking bumps? :ph34r:

I'm not building braking bumps. Hehe.

Just a heads up ... .spotted a brand spanking new size small Mbuzi frame at Trail and Tar over the weekend ..... just saying ....

Just a little idea I've been playing with.

Will hopefully be a reality in the not too distant future

post-3441-0-43358000-1380810699_thumb.jpg

What you guys think?

Edited by Flowta