The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

I watched the post-race interview. I drew my conclusion from that and from what I watched on the stage - which I have seen more than once. I hate this "misquote" thing being used over and over. It's a cop-out.

Same here tumbles....didn't read about it, saw it live on tv.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, was Froome wrong? Who ended up on his arse on the day??

The only silly stuff was the totally misquoted sensationalist headlines the media created out of Froomes statement.

Wrong!

In all forms of sport where participant safety is an issue participants have the right to voice concerns like this. Race organizers are the last people who should be entrusted with rider safety. They have to create a spectacle that is better and more spectacular than last years event and other similar events and even though they say safety is of paramount importance its clearly not. Open your eyes and look at the routes the guys race on. Its thanks to the amazing skill of the riders that there have not been more serious accidents.

Don't forget they are racing for their livelihood, going slow does not happen when you are desperate and racing for top spot.

Heaven forbid that tomorrow we are all here crying about some desperate rider who goes over the edge somewhere today.

This piece from inrng makes for interesting reading and puts both points of view forward - The route was announced last October and ever since all the teams have had a chance to visit the road. It was used in the Dauphiné so riders could test it in race conditions. There was a crash but it happened when a rider tangled with a team car so the mountain might not be to blame.

http://inrng.com/2013/07/col-de-sarenne-rider-danger/

Cant really upload pics from my phone. I can Whatsapp photos and someone else can upload maybe.

Peeee Emmm'd

Jirre you guys, all of a sudden you guys make Froome off as the sissy because currently anything Froome thinks end up in the press in some contorted way. He was but one rider in a whole group of riders who complained. Look, if Jens starts complaining about something being dangerous I sit up and listen. He has more HTFU bands on his arms than most coach loving cyclists out there.

Let's hope the rain stays away and make that descent manageable. Else I believe most guys will just sit up and take it easy off there. It would be stupid to attack down there anyway if it is wet. The amount of seconds to gain is not worth the risk.

Edited by Moridin

Well at least the argument is now settled as to Froome being South African or not. He is clearly South African. The proof is he wants the race cancelled because of rain. We are all terrified of the wet stuff.

I remember an Englisg farmer being flabbergasted with me when I told him we couldn't pick apples because it was raining. "You are not made of effing sugar, you won't dissolve" was his response.

Jirre you guys, all of a sudden you guys make Froome off as the sissy because currently anything Froome thinks end up in the press in some contorted way. He was but one rider in a whole group of riders who complained. Look, if Jens starts complaining about something being dangerous I sit up and listen. He has more HTFU bands on his arms than most coach lving cyclists out there.

Let's hope the rain stays away and make that descent manageable. Else I believe most guys will just sit up and take it easy off there. It would be stupid to attack down there anyway if it is wet. The amount of seconds to gain is not worth the risk.

Nope wrong, still batting for team froome, I just think he didn't have to say some of the things he did...he is that good

If it wasn't worth it, then why is it an issue if bertie starts taking chances...he is rolling the dice, and doing so within the rules.

Edited by rouxtjie

Watch out for Rodriques the next couple of days,he is the only one that looks like he is getting stronger....sure he would love to take todays stage!

Sky must be scared off the next 2 days....it will be very hard to control things!Only thing that will save them is the fact that the climbs are too hard for most so as a team saxo can only ride as hard as the guys they need to cause the damage!Contodor on hes own won't be enough to break Froome....

Everybody will pay big time for there efforts today!

Except Contador

Jirre you guys, all of a sudden you guys make Froome off as the sissy because currently anything Froome thinks end up in the press in some contorted way. He was but one rider in a whole group of riders who complained. Look, if Jens starts complaining about something being dangerous I sit up and listen. He has more HTFU bands on his arms than most coach loving cyclists out there.

Has Jens said anything about today's stage? Missed it if he has. He did raise an issue and the "Beloki" descent.

So SKY are releasing some data...

Sky plays transparency

Dave Brailsford and Christopher Froome (Team)

How to deal with suspicion on the performance of Chris Froome ? The Sky manager Dave Brailsford had proposed further biological passport runners analyzed by the World Anti-Doping Agency.Contacted by L'Equipe, the British band has agreed to play the transparency Sky told the data recorded by computer throughout eighteen ascents made ​​by Chris Froome, from 2011 until the Vuelta stage in Ventoux the Tour de France today. Sky did not want the publication of these data (weight of the rider and its variations, average and maximum power ...), but has agreed to engage in the analysis of the French expert increasingly recognized, Fred Bunch (Doctor of biomechanics and physiology of sports coaching, FDJ.fr). Initial findings from the expert: "His performance data of the last two years are consistent with the profile that this" and "the exceptional power that is able to develop during maximum effort five minutes gives him a certain reserve compared to other runners. "

Find comprehensive performance analysis of Christopher Froome and decryption methodin L'Equipe on Thursday

Everybody will pay big time for there efforts today!

yes, not just a matter of if you will have legs for the 2nd ascent of Duez, but also if you will have anything for tomorrow. Remember the stage where Andy was brave and made some serious time on his rivals some 3 years ago? It was not a queen type stage, but one following one.

Charles Keey just came past us on du Huez. Lekker secret training!

How cool is that

I watched the post-race interview. I drew my conclusion from that and from what I watched on the stage - which I have seen more than once. I hate this "misquote" thing being used over and over. It's a cop-out.

Same here tumbles....didn't read about it, saw it live on tv.

Ok so you say you were not influenced by how the press reported it (Lashes out...), what can I say...other than I think all the critics are making mountains out of molehills.

Try answer my question as well... was Froome wrong? Taking into account that AC fall on his arse during the stage and nearly caused Froome to fall off??

And don't try blame it on Froome, he was far back enough to avoid AC.

Morning everyone, especially to those of you at the office today. Eish, my condolences, you're going to miss a helluva battle. I'll be at home with my feet up, watching from start to finish.

Taking a day's leave just to watch the TDF has me feeling like a combination of cutting school and winning money on the lotto.

I can't remember when last I got this excited about a sports event :clap: .

Oops, duplicate post. Sorry

Edited by SyncSA

Morning everyone, especially to those of you at the office today. Eish, my condolences, you're going to miss a helluva battle. I'll be at home with my feet up, watching from start to finish.

Taking a day's leave just to watch the TDF has me feeling like a combination of cutting school and winning money on the lotto.

I can't remember when last I got this excited about a sports event :clap: .

Ill be doing exactly the same! Come on Berto!!!