The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

Ok, Chris's ride yesterday was incredible. Nothing short of epic!

Good luck to him and the SKY stormtroopers for the rest of the tour! They have done their homework and as always seem to be not one, two or even three steps ahead, but twenty steps ahead of everyone else! Froome's admission that they used the Vuelta to assess Contador must have left Berto reeling and wondering what else they have in their bag of tricks. They made it known that they know Berto better than he knows himself! Mind-job tactic unleashed and effective!

A lot of people are casting doubt on Froome. And I understand given the recent scandals. But maybe lets enjoy the racing, and celebrate the achievements. We seem obsessed with people cheating, and almost wish their downfall. Why?

In my eyes, Chris rode himself into history yesterday. His admissions to the press and statements of "I wont test positive 20/30 years from now" are bold, and he knows the scrutiny they are under, and the inevitable scientific advances that will come in years to come that will expose the drugs of today in the same way the EPO test came out to destroy Armstrong.

That said, I believe him. And I will cheer him till the day he stops riding.

I am going to choose to see the positive (no pun intended) in his and the teams ride.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, we almost seem more concerned with the downfall of someone than their success. If Froome tested positive, its his burden to bear. It would fall on him and he would look the fool.

What happens in the future, none of us know. But right now, today, I am going to enjoy the racing.

The Tour, Giro and the sport as a whole is bigger than any single rider. Lets just enjoy it.

As I said, we almost seem more concerned with the downfall of someone than their success. If Froome tested positive, its his burden to bear. It would fall on him and he would look the fool.

What happens in the future, none of us know. But right now, today, I am going to enjoy the racing.

The Tour, Giro and the sport as a whole is bigger than any single rider. Lets just enjoy it.

+1000!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see how it turns out from a racing perspective....like I said before,had Quintana waited for the final climb yesterday things might have looked different...maybe he would have even been able to match Froome.....

Will Froome crack at some point after a long season of racing?

This is merely Week 1.

I think he will fight through all of it to prove a point, else Wiggins will say ' I told you so'.

Can he hold off for two weeks, I'm sceptical about that.

The problem is when Froome cracks the other bunch would've cracked too.

+1000!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see how it turns out from a racing perspective....like I said before,had Quintana waited for the final climb yesterday things might have looked different...maybe he would have even been able to match Froome.....

I think Quintana will attack again today, but me thinks, Sly will mark him this time round.... dangerous little hobbitse

Just found this on Froome's Facebook page.

"Please not that doping comments will not be tolerated on this page. Users will be banned and reported to Facebook, and comments deleted. If you wish to show you support for Alberto Contador, please do so on his page. Thank you - Admin"

Admin=Michelle?

Some serious sport again today -

Tdf : 4 x cat1's

F1 : German GP 13:30

Wimbledon : Mens final 15:00

Question,I need some picks for the TT?

Martin,Froome...who else do you guys think will go fast?

How tiny is quintana? He's like a hermuncules.

Yea well apparently the less oxygen something gets the less it grows. .. and he was apparently born at 4000m above sea level. ..haha

Sure, but I would also like to see a beak down of the splits and the wattage etc that the Sports Science Institute often puts out because they just have to be freaky numbers. Human Physiology hasn't changed that much in the last few years, so something has changed the numbers, be it training, nutrition, equipment or just plain a once off natural phenomenal athlete, either way I think it would make some really interesting reading.

Could the explanation be simple???

12 Years is a long time ago when Lance did his time up the climb. I'm willing to bet he would have been on a heavier Trek than Chris' current kit. (I have an Ullrich Dura-Ace groupo from 2008) and the weight is quite substantial compared to today's kit.

So you have to work on the watts/kg of the rider+bike. If LA's bike was say 8.0kgs compared to Chris' 6.5kgs (or whatever current UCI minimum is) it is possible that the lighter kit can compensate for the dope in LA. It means LA will have been forced to dope if the 2 were to be on equal power/weight ratio's (inclusive of bike).

Bear in mind the Sky strategy of "marginal gains". There is so many variables we will never know. But I'm sure someone clever can make sense of the numbers.