The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

They brought Valverde into 2nd by keeping the pace high enough for Porte to crack and not come back. Reckon it was a good day at office for movistar. They are the best team in the competition in my opinion

I thought that they should have gone for stage win or at least tried to gain time on Froome once they isolated him. They might not get the opportunity again and surely Valverde is going to lose time in the TT. I agree that Movistar looks good in the team competition.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange stage, Movistar in control but have nothing to show for it. Everything stays as is except for Porte who had a rest today.

Bring on the Alps!

Some key outcomes:

Establishing Quintana further in white

Shattering the Sky train

Getting Valverde into 2nd

Mental victory - humongous

I also would have liked if they could keep it together for 2km to the top of the last climb for Valverde to try for the stage, but Valverde and/or the rest of the team were perhaps completely spent by that time.

Things should calm down a bit this week, some flat stages and a TT coming up. It could be a hard week for Sky if they are already a bit flat and have to control the race day after dat.

I thought that they should have gone for stage win or at least tried to gain time on Froome once they isolated him. They might not get the opportunity again and surely Valverde is going to lose time in the TT. I agree that Movistar looks good in the team competition.

I think Froome did really well to hang in there alone. I think movistar kept the pace very high and there was no sign that Froome struggled. If there were signs I am sure they would have went for it. They also need to preserve something for the Alps and they probably were close to their limits. Maybe they just did not want to pull a "Sky" on themselves.

Personally I would have love Valverde to get away and makeup some time

Edited by Jaco-fiets

I think Froome did really well to hang in there alone. I think movistar kept the pace very high and there was no sign that Froome struggled. If there were signs I am sure they would have went for it. They also need to preserve something for the Alps and they probably were close to their limits. Maybe they just did not want to pull a "Sky" on themselves.

Personally I would have love Valverde to get away and makeup some time

For me, Froome handled whatever they threw at him today On His OWN.. That says a lot a lot. The opportunity was there to do some serious damage to his chances, but they failed in my book. Sky will take a lot from today and will come back after the rest very strong. Contador ominously quiet though. The Alps will be an awesome spectacle.

“I was prepared for that final climb, thinking they were going to put me under pressure... I felt within myself. It’s not easy to follow Quintana, he’s a light little Colombian who can fly uphill. I was ready for more attacks; I was quite glad they were not.”

Froome

I agree, must say Froome had a super day - Movistar, Saxo held all the cards, and could not take time from him. If they could not today, how will they put time into him?

Edited by Christie

Tough day at the office with multiple attacks, with eventual stage victory success.

post-12015-0-90498000-1373220861_thumb.jpg

Edited by ' Dale

For me, Froome handled whatever they threw at him today On His OWN.. That says a lot a lot. The opportunity was there to do some serious damage to his chances, but they failed in my book. Sky will take a lot from today and will come back after the rest very strong. Contador ominously quiet though. The Alps will be an awesome spectacle.

I believe Movistar were on the limits too.

Valverde tested him on the second last climb and he rode with them. Quintana was only playing with him. If they had the capacity to get valverde to gain time they would have. I think that is the reason that only Quintana hit him a few times. If Valverde had tank in the gas it would've been more of ye ole one two.

Wonder what the total ascent was today?

post-12015-0-92489800-1373220956_thumb.jpg

Where do you dig up these nice pictures ?

I read somewhere, one of the cyclists tweets I think, that it was in the region of 4000m.

I don't like Sky at all. I was pleased to see them in some difficulty but Froome is something else completely. Perhaps it was him playing second fiddle to Wiggins that caused to misjudge him. Anyway it was my mistake. He is an incredible cyclist. Calm, rational, talented, well prepared, intelligent. At the moment he looks like the best Grand Tour rider we have seen in years.

It was a facinating day and I don't think we are headed for a boring tour at all. We still have the ongoing Sagan saga to enjoy. Cavendish has still some opportunities. The battle for KOM is going to be interesting. I also don't believe the other teams will roll over and let Sky walk off with it.

It's going to be great