The 100th Edition Of The Tour de France: Chirps, Opinions, News, Updates.

'Dale

Pick the yellow and green jersey winners.  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Who will reign in Yellow?

• Froome Dawg (Sky)
    • Contador (Saxo Tinkoff)
    • A Schleck, Radioshack
    • Evans (BMC)
    • Uran (Sky)
    • Tejay (BMC)
    • Gesink (Blanco)
    • Hesjedal (Garmin Sharp
    • Valverde (Movistar)
    • J Rodriquez (Katusha)
    • Suprize package!
  2. 2. Who will reign in Green?

• Sagan (Cannondale Pro Cycling)
    • Cav' (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
    • Greipel (Lotto Bellisol)
    • Bouhanni (FDJ)
    • Goss (Orica-Greenedge)
    • Surprize package?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tour song of the day today goes to Cav.

Hope he has a good sprint finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

Wow! My first favourite pop hit from way back. 1979/1980 I believe. My mom used to yell 'Dis musiek van die duiwel daai!' :w00t:

Back to OT! I am sure Cav's lead out train will have had a talking to. And I am sure he will pick a better wheel to suck today.

Edited by Moridin

Favourite quote of the day. Chris Froome condemns cycling fan for throwing urine at Mark Cavendish: "It leaves a nasty taste in the mouth"

Ya sure. Hope Cav had his mouth closed. Oh well, the French express their feelings in strange ways. Hope there's no tacks in the road this year.

Edited by Moridin

Ya sure. Hope Cav had his mouth closed. Oh well, the French express their feelings in strange ways. Hope there's no tacks in the road this year.

And the way they consume garlic it could not have been pleasant.

I know we are joking about it, but only a savage will toss their piss.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

@ChunkyMunky Lite...glad someone agrees with me regarding Cavendish. Like I said I am his biggest fan. And personally I do know a thing or two about sprinting, having been schooled in the Jackie Lester school of hard knocks, I tend to see the srinting in this day and age as a lot more polite than it was 20 years ago. That said, I know the difference between drifting off a line and coming across a wheel accidently. And that was neither. Yes Cav was going for the wheel of Griepel, but he dipped his shoulder and leant into Veelers. You dont do that accidently. I dont think he intended to crash him, just in the heat of the moment thought he would bump him. You can see it dawn on Cav as Veelers goes down, he shakes his head and looks back, almost aware that somethings going to be said.

If you look further down the line before the sprint, Sagan and an Orica rider are trading blows and yet nobody falls. Thats a fair tussle.

But for what its worth (nothing clearly) I do not for one second believe that was a fair ruling.

But I will be cheering for a Cavendish win today!

You guys are posting some amazing pictures of this years Tour. Thank you!

I find this funny, TREK seem tonhave adopted a Bianchi'ish colour for their new bikes, and BELKIN's skinsuits were almost identical to Ullrichs old Bianchi team!

And Vacansoliel team Bianchi bikes are black?

I find this amusing. Am I the only one?

I also enjoy the new tech that comes with the Tour. Anyone see the amazing Campagnolo "Bora" crankset used in the TT by a few guys? Bet that will cost a room at Nkandla!

That Bolide of Froome's makes the Graal look dated beyond its 3years.

I find this funny, TREK seem tonhave adopted a Bianchi'ish colour for their new bikes, and BELKIN's skinsuits were almost identical to Ullrichs old Bianchi team!

And Vacansoliel team Bianchi bikes are black?

I find this amusing. Am I the only one?

I also enjoy the new tech that comes with the Tour. Anyone see the amazing Campagnolo "Bora" crankset used in the TT by a few guys? Bet that will cost a room at Nkandla!

That Bolide of Froome's makes the Graal look dated beyond its 3years.

Yip, pretty smoking :thumbup:

post-3544-0-04061800-1373535612_thumb.jpg

Favourite quote of the day. Chris Froome condemns cycling fan for throwing urine at Mark Cavendish: "It leaves a nasty taste in the mouth"

Doesn't he know how the Brits love their 'water sports'? Oh wait, he is one. Kind of.

Its mainly the work of our serial poster 'Dale - who has yet to reveal his source!

ps its the right thing to do.

There is not a single categorised hill in the stage from Fougères to Tours. It is a 218km road through five departments – Ille-et-Vilain, Mayenne, Sarthe, Main-et-Loir, and Indre-et-Loire – and the consensus is that it will end with a bunch sprint.

There are 182 riders still in the 100th Tour de France after 1,743.5km of racing.

The conditions are cooler than yesterday and the temperature before the start today is around 22 degrees Celsius.

There is a 9.4km neutral zone before riders arrive at the site of the official start. They begin rolling at 11.50am and racing is expected to begin at around 12.10pm.

Its mainly the work of our serial poster 'Dale - who has yet to reveal his source!

ps its the right thing to do.

Let's not hold a gun to his head :thumbup:

Beyond a shadow of doubt, the ugliest crankset I have ever laid my eyes on.

Haha... I respect your opinion, but that is all it is :devil: