Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

you need a new Alt meter, put it on the Xmas list

I checked on a friends strava profile & it was 1924m , saw a couple of 2000m + as well. Anyways...

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys if you have the flu please don't go ride the Karoo to Coast. When I got to the top of the Simola Hill last year (10km's from the finish) the paramedics were doing CPR on someone, and unfortunately the guy did not make it. It was very upsetting to see this. There are some long climbs and they take it out of you.

A fred with info from 2010 to 2012. If I am not mistaken the route changed a bit?

only Boyes drive has been taken out, so it should be less elevation

If you are driving through from Mosselbay to Uniondale on Sunday Morning and still have a spot available for one person and a bike, please let me know, will contribute to the fuel costs. 084 256 0511

A few questions:

• Does one have to register on the Saturday - or can one collect race number and goodie bag on the Sunday?
  • Where are the Waterpoints?

C50 swears it was you, and you swear it was him. All I know is that there was a monstrous rumbling coming from you 2 ;)

Soo..... is this the real reason for you not riding this year Fandacious?. :-)

I was away for 3 weeks with no riding got back this week but now I'm sick .... :unsure: I'll just take it slow and see how far I get ... I think doing half a K2C is better than sitting at home. And then you have a better idea for next year (my biggest fun ride was 30km :w00t: )

Not getting better so I unfortunately decided to put my Entry up for sale. :thumbdown:

Elite no. 77

Accommodation in Uniondale at the stables ons show grounds (sleeps 2)

Transport back to Uniondale after race

R500

Edited by Jacques Viljoen

I checked on a friends strava profile & it was 1924m , saw a couple of 2000m + as well. Anyways...

Hence what mr. E said. Get yourself a proper Altimeter or GPS.

I was away for 3 weeks with no riding got back this week but now I'm sick .... :unsure: I'll just take it slow and see how far I get ... I think doing half a K2C is better than sitting at home. And then you have a better idea for next year (my biggest fun ride was 30km :w00t: )

Be careful, I got sick 30k's into the K2C 2 years ago and because of the road closure I had to stumble along until 2PM before my support could get through. The sweep trucks were full and after that it became very lonely.

Hence what mr. E said. Get yourself a proper Altimeter or GPS.

I hear what you are saying, but my iphone5 + strava has been very very accurate when I compare it to a specific race profile (provided by organisers) & my friends Garmin gps.

When we go up to the race I am going to put my bike on a carrier attached to the back of the car. One of those hanging things.

Do I need to have a number plate attached to the bike if it covers the car's plate?

When we go up to the race I am going to put my bike on a carrier attached to the back of the car. One of those hanging things.

Do I need to have a number plate attached to the bike if it covers the car's plate?

Yes you do. And lately the traffic cops have been enforcing this strictly.

Yes you do. And lately the traffic cops have been enforcing this strictly.

Rats :cursing:

Will have to make a plan then, and soon