Karoo To Coast 2013

Mailman7412

I'm going! Me and my dad slept at the skougronde in tents. Was a bit of a hard sleep, but adrenalin carried me through the race! Already looking forward to this years race!!!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cycle to the start from Knysna? :-)

I would but I am rather going to cycle back to Uniondale to fetch my Car

Also doing it again. Maybe get a better time.

There are no climbs on the karoo2coast...

So they lied to me??? :huh:

Can we come pitch a tent on their front lawn?

Free camping on the show grounds next to the registration venue. We went that route last year and was perfect. Close to everything, and lost of grass, and lots of space. Just bring a decent sleeping bag... last year we were FREEZING!! Can't wait to test my new sleeping bag this year :-)

Still remember last year so clearly... woke up in the middle of the night from the cold, and our whole tent was basically awake because of the cold. While we were laying there we overheard this couple in the tent next door arguing:

Guy: "Wat... wat is dit die??"

Woman: "Dit is n kombers..."

Guy: Is nie.. dis F0k0l!!"

Will always remember that

Also stayed over there, but did not get much sleep in, not because of the cold. (I have a -2deg Sleeping bag, with another inside it, no cold gets to me) It was the noisiest camping site I ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Cars coming in till what time, music blaring. Guys shouting to each other, a quad bike that was started and left idling for hours on end, with the occasional red line revving, etc.

Nope, too noisy for me.

I was stupid enough to enter and have no idea how I am going to organise accommodation and then getting my car to the finish.

I might have to let go of this one. My family will be camping that week, so I won't be able to get my wife seconding for me. Crumbs, way to hasty with the credit card am I.

Edited by Moridin

Also stayed over there, but did not get much sleep in, not because of the cold. (I have a -2deg Sleeping bag, with another inside it, no cold gets to me) It was the noisiest camping site I ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Cars coming in till what time, music blaring. Guys shouting to each other, a quad bike that was started and left idling for hours on end, with the occasional red line revving, etc.

Nope, too noisy for me.

Sjo I remember none of that. But it might have been a case of the cold overwriting all other distractions!

Check out Over The Mountain at Herold (at the top of Montagu Pass above George) for accommodation. When we were last there Dave the owner says that K2C peeps stay there ... It's 80 km to the start still but may be better than driving all the way from Knysna.