2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

Home office all set up for this and the TdF soon :)

post-271-0-74380700-1370238710_thumb.jpg

That is so so wrong...

:thumbup:

Edited by ' Dale

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lekka lumpy course for Day 2.

Looking forward to some new names coming to the fore.

Very hard to call this one.

A sprint finish not likely.

Breakaway yeah.

Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (RSA) confirmed on the start line for Argos-Shimano :)

Reinardt Jv Rensburg@ReinardtvRnsbrg17h

Hard first stage. Good legs but not good enough in a stage like today. Got dropped 1.5km to go. Also caught Thomas in the final 2km.

A lekka lumpy course for Day 2.

Looking forward to some new names coming to the fore.

Very hard to call this one.

A sprint finish not likely.

Breakaway yeah.

If Vielleux wasn't in yellow then this would be a stage for Voeckler. However I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the main contenders having a go today.

If Vielleux wasn't in yellow then this would be a stage for Voeckler. However I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the main contenders having a go today.

My own feeling is that stages 5 through 8 will be where the main GC teams will be making the fireworks, and that the first 3 stages will be targeted by the smaller teams looking for stage wins and as much TV time as possible on the front.

So for me, I think Euskaltel-Euskadi, Lotto Belisol etc will attempt another breakaway. Euskaltel-Euskadi have got to make a go of it these next 2 days. They've had a poor 2013 and they've got something to prove, so they've got no choice but to be agressive. These bumpy stage profiles should be suited to their riding style, so I'm expecting orange at the front again today and tomorrow.

The smaller teams have a chance of succeeding now because the big teams won't try too hard to chase them down - no point.

Europcar will have to do a lot of work today and tomorrow to hold on to yellow until stage 4, so I think Tommy and Rolland will now just revert to support roles and put their own GC aspirations on hold.

Europcar's gonna defend as hard as they can.

I have no idea about their depth.

Looking forward to seeing the big names in Froome, Contador and Co seize initaitive this week.

You're probably right tombeej unless Europcar shows weakness in which case the pace will be relentess and a number of riders will be tested. Can't wait, not sure how much work i'll get done later today.

Home office all set up for this and the TdF soon :)

post-271-0-74380700-1370238710_thumb.jpg

The only thing that is missing is the VR Trainer with real life video - kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Another big disappointment for Garmin-Sharp yesterday (esp. right coming off the back of Ryder's withdrawl at the Giro) was Talansky losing 8 minutes yesterday due to a stomach virus.

The only thing that is missing is the VR Trainer with real life video - kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I do still have to do 'some' work :whistling:

I'm a Contador fan all the way but I must say Froome just looks like he's in TOP FORM!!

He's facial expressions shows it all..

:wacko:

I'm a Contador fan all the way but I must say Froome just looks like he's in TOP FORM!!

Having doubts there, X-Man?

:ph34r:

To think that Europcar is not a Worldtour level team...

Its the Colnago's with Campy bits.

post-13716-0-66226700-1370252464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cippo

More seriously, it seems to be a two man fight for yellow at the end of the month.

But, I reckon, cycling is too sophisticated for such a foregone conclusion.

There will be some surprizes. Racing is racing after all.