2013 Critérium du Dauphiné

tombeej

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (RSA) confirmed on the start line for Argos-Shimano :)

Great news, the lad has been in some good form this season.

I fancy a battle between Froome and Contador with Rodriques completing the podium.

You're right Dale its going to be fantastic.

Short 1st stage but good climbing test and uphill finish.

Gonna be good!

Nothing like a race with more climbing that flat!

"I wouldn't want to be racing against Froome"

Richie Porte has a blog up on cyclingnews.com and he's got some interesting things to say in this first installment.

"Just eight riders have done the Dauphiné-Tour double and if there is a question of whether Froomie can match what Bradley did last year and win both I say, why not? I know probably as well as anyone where Froomie is and for me, from the outside seeing his mental state, he's so tough and the efforts that he's doing, even if he's tired he's getting the desired watts and all of that out. He's his normal self while you're riding along but when we've got work to do, efforts, then he flicks that switch and I wouldn't want to be racing against him, put it that way. He's a very motivated man. He's in good condition and if you're in condition like that then you are going to be around the mark for both the Tour and the Dauphiné."

In other news, Wiggles has tendonitis in his knee and won't start Sunday. The Tour is even doubtful...

Reinardt loves sprinting on those small cat 3 type climbs....hope he has good form!

He has been struggling with a knee injury so not sure if he will be 100 %.

I think Purito will also be very strong for this race...winning margins will be small.

And I don't think Valverde will be far behind as well.

Never the less, I will most certainly watch and I will most certainly root for young 'Berto, I think he is still one of the worlds best in any tour and besides, I just like his attitude.

I'm 100% with you in terms of Berto.

Yet the Froome, J Rod ,Conti battle should be better than christmas pudding.

Edited by Cav'

Hoping Purito and Valverde shows good form during this race because that will mean we will see 4 guys battle it out at the tour.

We have to remember that Purito has the potencial on the climbs to leave everybody behind.He was by far the best climber during last years Giro and the tour of spain.

He just needs to not have a bad day and he will be very dangerous.

More than just 3 teams in this one.

Movistar's lineup is looking close to TDF full strength.

Same with Euskaltel-Euskadi - they've had a dissapointing year so far and looks like Sanchez also has his full strength team with him. I'm expecting some aggressive tactics from them to add to their 2 miserly wins in 2013.

Europcar also putting up their hands - there'll be high expectations of them from the partisan crowds.