• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Elia Viviani (Ita) Cannondale Pro Cycling 

2 Gianni Meersman (Bel) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 

3 Tony Gallopin (Fra) RadioShack Leopard

-------------------------------------------------

'dale has to be happy. No longer the bridesmaid. ;)

It's about blerrie time that someone else, other than magical Sagan, bring in some wins for Cannondale.

:ph34r:

Edited by ' Dale

Good stage yesterday I thought.

OPQ put the peleton under some pressure on the last climb and quite a few names were shelled out the back.

This is also a significantly better SKY squad than Sir Wiggins had to support him at the Giro, they just look more cohesive and better motivated, compared to the lackluster mob we saw a few days ago at the Giro.

Saxo failed to impress once again and were conspicuous by their absence from the front of the peleton during the last climb, 'berto looked quite comfortable but I am sure he would have enjoyed the comfort of having at least one team member around him.

Good stage yesterday I thought.

OPQ put the peleton under some pressure on the last climb and quite a few names were shelled out the back.

This is also a significantly better SKY squad than Sir Wiggins had to support him at the Giro, they just look more cohesive and better motivated, compared to the lackluster mob we saw a few days ago at the Giro.

Saxo failed to impress once again and were conspicuous by their absence from the front of the peleton during the last climb, 'berto looked quite comfortable but I am sure he would have enjoyed the comfort of having at least one team member around him.

The pace was hot at the front and well done to Reinardt Janse van Rensburg. I PVR'd it but cannot understand why the sound quality is so poor. Looking forward to today. Agree - Sky appears to be very focussed.

Awesome result for van Rensburg and Argos!

Very good result for the lad. Infact I think he could have won it and was quite possibly the strongest sprinter left in the peloton. He ended up an a non sprinters wheel and then had to jump into the head wind far too early. I guess a little bit of inexperience as well, but the guy most certainly has a great career ahead of him.

Let's not forget that despite being a sprinter, for two hilly stages he has stuck with the peloton. Surely a Tour de France team role is awaiting him for later in the month.

I thought sprinter Viviani did well to stay in on the climbs and still be around to take the win.

Go Cannondale Pro Cycling!

The pace was hot at the front and well done to Reinardt Janse van Rensburg. I PVR'd it but cannot understand why the sound quality is so poor. Looking forward to today. Agree - Sky appears to be very focussed.

The sound is poor, especially near the end where it seems like Mathew has to shout just to be heard over the loudspeakers. Seems like the production is done on a bit of a budget.

What if the whole Saxo approach is tactic prior to the TDF? There is talent in the team.

Silly question but where are you guys watching this?

Supersport or online. But that usually only show highlights plus the final 2 hours live.

What if the whole Saxo approach is tactic prior to the TDF? There is talent in the team.

Hmm, could be I guess Sync, but I would think unlikely,.. if 'berto had been sitting at the back I would agree.

There is talent, but not a lot and maybe not of the caliber needed, Nicki Sorenson is way past it and I haven't even seen Chris, maybe he will appear when we hit the big mountains, I hope so, Michael Rogers and Paulhino should by rights be capable, but they appear to be drifting out at the first sign of an incline.

Supersport or online. But that usually only show highlights plus the final 2 hours live.

Watching on www.supersport.com but with the sound off (in the office) but noticed yesterday that "live" coverage is 5km behind the race.

Hmm, could be I guess Sync, but I would think unlikely,.. if 'berto had been sitting at the back I would agree.

There is talent, but not a lot and maybe not of the caliber needed, Nicki Sorenson is way past it and I haven't even seen Chris, maybe he will appear when we hit the big mountains, I hope so, Michael Rogers and Paulhino should by rights be capable, but they appear to be drifting out at the first sign of an incline.

And that is where I thought, other than 'Berto, the talent would be.

According to Velonation 1 June 2013, The Dauphine is a big target. So hopefully they just waiting for later stages.

Exciting stuff!

Interesting

11:21 Flickinger: "Veilleux isn’t selected for the Tour yet"Contacted by letour.fr, Europcar’s directeur sportif Andy Flickinger denied the news published by some Canadian media that David Veilleux had been informed of his ticket for the Tour de France. "David has scored some points for himself but he hasn’t been selected as per now", he said. "We haven’t told him or confirmed such thing. We’ve spoken about today’s tactic. It looks like a similar stage as yesterday’s. It’s easier though. We’ll maintain the gap like yesterday and we count on the sprinters’ teams to finish the job towards the end."