Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

No no. They are deff more gnarly than the rest of the pds. My mate Tom reckoned the trail builders there are color blind cos the blue was defo not a blue.

Oh. TOP 4 STRAVA on Morgins Blue!!

Good to hear. I nearly offed myself on that double below the lift. You know it was a close one when you hear people on the lift going "Ooooooooowe"

But the steep switchbacks leading back to the base were awesome.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Good to hear. I nearly offed myself on that double below the lift. You know it was a close one when you hear people on the lift going "Ooooooooowe"

But the steep switchbacks leading back to the base were awesome.

Ja that's a pretty huge jump. Way beyond my testicular threshold. There as loads of new stuff on the yellow track in the woods above that.

Thanks

I was looking at the Cane Creek one. Please send me the details when you can.

If you looking locally, get hold of Cycles Africa on www.cyclesafrica.co.za they are the Cane creek agents and have them in stock.

If you looking locally, get hold of Cycles Africa on www.cyclesafrica.co.za they are the Cane creek agents and have them in stock.

Not a **** am I paying

R

2,222.98 for that. The one suggested earlier is just over R1500. Sjoe!

I'm in where do I book? I went this year and with Duane's help and advice we had an amazing trip. He certainly knows his way around the area and traveling with him will be a huge advantage.

There is something for everyone in the area from massive jumps to sweet flowing single track that just goes on and on (and on).

Howdy,

Well, the trip this year was insanely awesome!! For a first timer over there it was definitely a big bonus having guys like Duane & Vince showing us the routes, tracks, local hangouts, shops etc. Makes getting use to the procedures/places a lot easier allowing you more time to get on the bike and thrashing down the tracks!

I'd definitely recommend taking the burliest bike you got and making very sure all is in order with it. The bikes take a beating over there [in a good way though] - I reckon a year's worth of riding here might come close to what your bike goes through in 10 days over there.

I could write a gazillion word long essay about how awesome it was, but will spare you all of that.

So my final words are this, JUST DO IT!!!

Guest Omega Man

Stoked you boys had a good time.

It really is one of the very few things in life that exceeds expectation.

Guest Omega Man

The rest of us are still waiting for the video highlights edit. Or did I miss it?

That will take a while.

So this years trip was beyond the insane. Despite a broken arm it was still the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

Duane and Vince as guides offer the best advice possible for such a trip and without their help it's easy to see how one could get bewildered with the sheer amount of choice.

I think without a guide it's easy to restrict ones self to what you know and having Duane and Vince around minimized the time needed to be spent exploring in terms of trails and with bars/retail/bike shops

Incase the last 20 pages of comments didn't make it clear. The riding there is simply insane. No matter your skill level, you are guaranteed to have a blast.

Again I can't say enough how much it helps to have insider advice that only a veteren of the PDS can give you.

Big up to the guys for organising what turned out to be the best holiday I've had.

Cheers

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

Just a heads up for those that are wanting to do this once in a lifetime (Except you'll go back again and again) trip. I'm in the process of setting up the bank account. I don't want you guys paying the money into my personal cheque account. Then we'll be in a position to take deposits.

Remember this offer is open to 20 people max and is strictly on a first come first served basis.

On the accommodation front I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. The one choice involves the house we stayed in this year plus the house next door. It's pretty much a perfect location 300m from the lifts Closer to the "old" town. The other option I'll keep to myself for now.

Guest Omega Man

Hi omega man

Please email the bank account details when they come available.

Thanks

murray

I will do man. I might have found something AMAZING. As soon as I have confirmation I'll put out a notice.

Guest Omega Man

So to the guys looking to come.

I have finally nailed down what I believe to be the best bang for the buck accommodation. for our 2014 trip.

Some things to note.

1. It's on the "wrong" side of Morzine but it's very close to the old part of town where the bars and restaurants are. So it's on the Super Morzine side.

2. The pricing is per person sharing so you will be sharing a room

3. It's fully catered with Breakfast, Afternoon tea and a 3 course dinner.

4. They have rental bikes available for quite a lot less than the bike shops so guys looking to take AM bikes and maybe rent a DH bike for a day or 3 are well catered for.

5. Dinner is 6 nights a week so we'll be going out for dinner twice. There's a great bring & braai at a place called La Sherpa on a Wednesday night.

Getting Amped and it's 11 months away.

Edited by Omega Man