Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Love the big table tops on Zore.

Built in such a way, that they cater for skilled riders, and yet make the less skilled improve!

Came back for there and was able to do drop offs , and some fair sized jumps ,and yet it was mainly the confidence ,that I had achieved from there.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit guys.

2016 trip booked up?

Hey man.

Nope. Send me a PM and we'll get talking. We need to get serious about dates tho. The dates I've proposed are after the tour. I'd recommend being there for the tour.

Spending a 2 weeks riding THE BIGGEST TRAIL NETWORK ON THE PLANET. Then the tour coming through half way through your trip........ Death bed memory.

Love the big table tops on Zore.

Built in such a way, that they cater for skilled riders, and yet make the less skilled improve!

Came back for there and was able to do drop offs , and some fair sized jumps ,and yet it was mainly the confidence ,that I had achieved from there.

Ja. Look I'm no great rider but I think the riding over there definitely improves your skill.

I think there's 2 factors that come into play. The builders KNOW EXACTLY what they are doing and build with safety in mind. They have to build so that a World Champ and a kid on a rental bike can all have fun on the same trail

And you can hit the same line, jump, root/rock garden 20 times in a single day.

The downside is that it turns you into a bit (LOT) of a trail snob. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

WE DEFINITELY NEED THIS IN CAPE TOWN !!!!!

You mean peaks that go up to 2400m?

100 years of ski lift infrastructure?

24 Summer Ski lifts?

6 Bikeparks?

12 mountains with trails on them?

650km of dedicated singletrack?

Yes. We definitely need that in Cape Town. But I would't hold my breath.

Just Messing. I know what you mean. We do need a safe progressive trail with big jumps and berms. The closest thing we have is Steilte. It's no coincidence that the main trail builder has done multiple Alps trips.

Unfortunately the nature of the mountains here doesn't lend themselves to that type of trail. The tops start out rocky and get flat and sandy towards the bottom whereas in the Alps there's a lot of constant (steep) gradient.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Hey man.

Nope. Send me a PM and we'll get talking. We need to get serious about dates tho. The dates I've proposed are after the tour. I'd recommend being there for the tour.

Spending a 2 weeks riding THE BIGGEST TRAIL NETWORK ON THE PLANET. Then the tour coming through half way through your trip........ Death bed memory.

You think you know someone and then they start getting wet over the TDF....but this:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/crankworx-is-heading-to-les-gets-2015.html

Crankworx in the town? **** yeah!!

Shu....

Erm. Ok I'm going to come clean. I'd rather watch the tour coming through than crankworx. I've saw the Chatel Mountain Style event in 2011 and while it's rad I'd still prefer the tour.

It feels like I don't even know you anymore!

Shu....

Erm. Ok I'm going to come clean. I'd rather watch the tour coming through than crankworx. I've saw the Chatel Mountain Style event in 2011 and while it's rad I'd still prefer the tour.

Im not mad...just disapointed.

Sorry if I missed this but ROUGHLY what is the pricing for the trip?

Don't think I'd make next year, but perhaps I could scrounge together for the following...sounds freaking amazing! :D