Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

You must have come back from France with a degree in Pedology :whistling:

Yip actually mine was only a one day crash course with no theory and 3 pracs but there were some "students" who returned with Masters and Doctorates and a few Summa Cum Louders! Edited by capediver

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much Awesomeness in this vid. Thanks Tony for the edit. This brought a tear to my eye.

Especially seeing as it will be 10.....long....cold....months before the PDS opens it's welcoming arms again. And hopefully there will be a large crop of new (and old) Saffers heading over there to experience just how good Mountain Biking in the Alps is.

Yeah great stuff capediver, appreciate your efforts in putting together so many cool videos of the the trip and the trails.

Ja. Evan Price.

He's a suuuuper skilled and balsy rider and a really nice guy.

And he is a good drinker/borat impersonator!

post-16861-0-20625900-1409565558_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

And he is a good drinker/borat impersonator!

Not the same guy. The Evan Price I know doesn't own sunglasses, a cap or underwear for that matter.

Not the same guy. The Evan Price I know doesn't own sunglasses, a cap or underwear for that matter.

hahahaha trust me - its the same guy! .... I am mates with him and i know he was with you over there - its all over his facebook page - amazed he didnt hit Super Morzine in his borat suit - he has done argus a couple of times in it on his BMX so that would be easy! hahhahaha

Guest Omega Man

hahahaha trust me - its the same guy! .... I am mates with him and i know he was with you over there - its all over his facebook page - amazed he didnt hit Super Morzine in his borat suit - he has done argus a couple of times in it on his BMX so that would be easy! hahhahaha

Haha.

Dude. Evan is an AMAZING rider. Incredible. He hit Air Voltage and Zougalou kata on that Giant Trance. And the **** on those trails is big. proper big. A lot of top class riders take a long hard look at the stuff before attempting it. And he nailed the stuff on an XC bike.

Seriously top class rider.

Edited by Omega Man

No way!!!....., Argus 2013, I saw a dude dressed like that under a beach brolly on the climb at Smitswinkel (i think) maybe Suikerbossie??! Hadn't applied a razor to the nether regions that morning....image burnt into my memory banks...classic case of "what was seen cannot be unseen" ! :eek:

Yeah great stuff capediver, appreciate your efforts in putting together so many cool videos of the the trip and the trails.

Shot beanz....still got loads more footage and will get some more out, no good just sitting on the hard drive! Jump Park, Pleney Black (ahhh remember that!), bottom end of Super Morzine and more....

So as a matter of interest - how were everyones bikes after 2 weeks of muddiness???

Anything to replace? BB's bearings?

I dont know if my sense of humour could have dealt with 2 weeks worth of mud riding

So as a matter of interest - how were everyones bikes after 2 weeks of muddiness???

I dont know if my sense of humour could have dealt with 2 weeks worth of mud riding

New rear tyre...that's it....may check BB when I get home in a few weeks....only the first few days was really muddy (really, really really muddy!)

Guest Omega Man

I had to replace all of my hub bearings and my freehub. My fork also lost it's guts while I was there. Not bad considering it was my 4th trip and that was my first major mechanical. Oh. I also turned a Muddy Mary into a Rock Razor. That stayed there. Nic had to replace every bearing and bushing on his Makulu. But you're doing a years worth of riding in a week there so not surprising really.

It wasn't 2 weeks of mud riding. There was about 4 days that were not a million times better than anything here but there was always a spot to ride. I only took 1 day out of riding.

Admittedly it was MUCH wetter than I've ever seen it but it was still ridiculously amazingly retardedly good.

Edited by Omega Man

I had to replace my BB, cassette and chain, true and dish my rear wheel and I suppose my fork could do with a service soon.

Only days 1 and 2 were sloppy, amd even then we had some great rides. Rest was pretty much mint.

Evans bike was thrashed after hitting all that big stuff. The rocker was almost cracked through, but he was still riding.

Touch wood, not too much wrong with both mine & Kath's bikes. I've done the forks already (lowers service) & possibly the Giants bb needs to be replaced (it did have a full season on it already) but that is pretty much it.

I haven't touched the Glory since we got back. Busy stripping my Kalula frame, so I'll check the damage when I move the components over. I'm expecting most bearings to be ****** though.