Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

Yo, beanz....it's tagged "private" check your Youtube edit settings...

Don't know what happened - even I couldn't view it. Seems ok now.

Edited by beanz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morzine 2014 Trail by Trail...3 Dan Gets on Mt Chery......one of those "FAAARRKK that" trails especially when wet, first run was scary as hell! Second one, only just kept my heart inside my chest! STEEP STEEP STEEP!

Guest Omega Man

Ben Walker.

Ben Harper was in an 80's psuedo rock band.

I reckon the general consensus in the group is that the Morgins Blue is the best trail in the PDS.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

4 days till the PDS lifts close.

That's always a sad day for me.

Guest Omega Man

This little line with 2 x 30ft tables might help with that.

https://www.facebook...?type=1

https://www.facebook...?type=1

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

Finally someone has built proper big safe jumps in SA.

I've been of the opinion for ages that making huge gaps is a waste of time. Most people won't hit them and you end up alienating people. Also people will brake on the lips of the jumps destroying them in quick time.

If you build tables you're encouraging people to give it a go and you don't have to build a b line with all the ball ache that accompanies it.

But what do I know?

Edited by Omega Man

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

Finally someone has built proper big safe jumps in SA.

I've been of the opinion for ages that making huge gaps is a waste of time. Most people won't hit them and you end up alienating people. Also people will brake on the lips of the jumps destroying them in quick time.

If you build tables you're encouraging people to give it a go and you don't have to build a b line with all the ball ache that accompanies it.

But what do I know?

Don't wont to look stupid here but being a hartail XC race-snake might have something to do with it. :P

In which direction are these meant to be jumped? I would say right to left but then the (table) part of the jump is up hill wheres I would rather have it sloping down and then have the lip of the landing below the lip of the take-off?

Edit: That trail is giving me goose bumps!!!

Edited by Spoke101

Guest Omega Man

Don't wont to look stupid here but being a hartail XC race-snake might have something to do with it. :P

In which direction are these meant to be jumped? I would say right to left but then the (table) part of the jump is up hill wheres I would rather have it sloping down and then have the lip of the landing below the lip of the take-off?

Edit: That trail is giving me goose bumps!!!

Right to left.

Good trails there. Amazing stuff going on.

Morzine 2014...another trail, this time Morgins Black.....they say the Blue is harder.....errr......

Edited by capediver

Guest Omega Man

So much Awesomeness in this vid. Thanks Tony for the edit. This brought a tear to my eye.

Especially seeing as it will be 10.....long....cold....months before the PDS opens it's welcoming arms again. And hopefully there will be a large crop of new (and old) Saffers heading over there to experience just how good Mountain Biking in the Alps is.

Edited by Omega Man