Want to ride your bike in the biggest Mountain Biking area in the world? 2.0

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duane what you're doing is not very nice to us working folks, damn you man [emoji20]. Anyway, have a jol man.

Edited by BSG

Now that's the sort of roadie riding I could get used to. Or, just remove 80% of the cars in CT.

I've always wanted to sample a bit of road riding here. But. As with everything over here the experience has faaaar exceeded the expectation. Today's ride was tough and amazing. 12% gradient in places with a 14km descent without a single pedal stroke.

It's tough tho. MUCH harder than Red hill or suikerbossie. Suikerbossie is 7%ish. I wish I was better prepared and weighed 20kg less.

81km today. Morzine. Les Gets. Tannings (Samoen valley) Megevette. La Baume. Saint Jean D'Aulps. Morzine.

We planned on having a chilled day but the one road we planned on was closed. What a ride!!!!!!

post-83454-0-12045100-1473266855_thumb.png

81km today. Morzine. Les Gets. Tannings (Samoen valley) Megevette. La Baume. Saint Jean D'Aulps. Morzine.

We planned on having a chilled day but the one road we planned on was closed. What a ride!!!!!!

attachicon.gifimage.png

"Now you're just Samoen that I used to know..."

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

New way of riding Morz...

www.facebook.com/552935134844924/videos/723703044434798/

copy paste....into browser

Edited by capediver

• 4 months later...

This page has gone very quiet.

Chucked together some of my GoPro footage from out trip last year, Enjoy.

Part 1, The French side.

Part 2, The Swiss side.

What is all that white stuff on the ground?

@Nigel. What was it like? Did you guys stay in Avoriaz? It looks like a Gothic prison in the Summer but I imagine it must look amazing with the snow. 

Pricing? Snow Conditions? 

Did you go into Morz? Was it festive? You drop into Lindarets and up to Chatel?

Details man! Details!

That's the best place IN THE WORLD!!!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It was amazing Duane. Avoriaz is so beautiful in winter. The views are just incredible. We spent most of our time up top above avoriaz and on the Les Lindarets side. We couldn't go down to morzine as there wasn't enough snow that far down for the green slopes around the zore and super morzine lifts to be open.

The snow wasn't the best the week before we left. ... but there was a massive fall two days before we arrived. So 90% of the slopes were open. But as we were rank amateurs we spent all our time on the green and blue slopes. Some of those blues get properly steep. ...

We then also had an extra metre of snow while we were there. It was amazing walking around in the snow in avoriaz town.

Skiing in the snow wasn't the best as you often had white out and couldn't see anything or make out definition in the slopes. But during this time we spent our afternoons on the lower slopes. We then hit the high slopes in the mornings.

It was so good. Honestly I think it was better than a riding holiday.

We got a great deal through a mate at a travel agent here in hillcrest. It ended up being R35000 per person all inclusive at Club Med.

That included

Flights

Transfers

Accommodation

ALL Drinks (alcoholic included)

ALL meals

Ski pass

Ski hire

Ski school

For 8 nights in Avoriaz. And 6 days of skiing.

We also flew Emirates direct from Durban.

Club Med is AMAZING. The bar is always open. They have a self service draught machine!!!!

When you sit down to lunch or dinner and order a glass of red wine ... you get a bottle!. Hahahaha

Every night there is a show in the hotel. And then a party in the bar.

So much fun if you are there as a group

We got a great deal through a mate at a travel agent here in hillcrest. It ended up being R35000 per person all inclusive at Club Med.

That included

Flights

Transfers

Accommodation

ALL Drinks (alcoholic included)

ALL meals

Ski pass

Ski hire

Ski school

For 8 nights in Avoriaz. And 6 days of skiing.

We also flew Emirates direct from Durban.

OUCH! 35k is a lot. but I guess for a skit trip all in it's pretty good.