Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't suppose it hooks up to your indoor tormentor? ;)

I think if you have a bit of money you can hook up a few adapters to the console to make a nice game.

Still have to play it, but Dirt 4 is taking up a bit of time at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picking up about R20k in hardware upgrades from Wootware tomorrow for my son's PC.  :eek:

This just go on forever...

Dropped the same into the pc i built this year. What you running?

Would be keen to see the difference in value. I built mine before Ryzen's release.

Because I just couldn't wait. Ryzen's release shook up the market quite a bit.

Forcing Intel to compete with better prices. At the time I was comparing international pricing and had I lived in europe or the states I would have paid up to 40% less. 

If you buy an 1800x today on takealot. It will cost you R12,000 for the chip alone.

If you buy it on amazon you would pay half that.

Dropped the same into the pc i built this year. What you running?

Would be keen to see the difference in value. I built mine before Ryzen's release.

Because I just couldn't wait. Ryzen's release shook up the market quite a bit.

Forcing Intel to compete with better prices. At the time I was comparing international pricing and had I lived in europe or the states I would have paid up to 40% less. 

If you buy an 1800x today on takealot. It will cost you R12,000 for the chip alone.

If you buy it on amazon you would pay half that.

I weighed up the lot, and decided against all advice to go for the Intel X299 platform and LGA 2066. Processor for now a Kaby-Lake X i7-7740 X. Added to that also the Samsung 960 Evo 250GB .M2 SSD and Corsair H100i water cooling for the CPU, and then 16GB of 3000 DDR4.

Experience has told me that if Intel fights back, they fight hard. So I am planning to eventually get an i9 20 core CPU when the prices come down.

Edited by Moridin

I'm not sure who else here plays PUBG. But if you do pm me if you want to squad up with us. Been playing the new map with all its new features on the test server. While its still riddled with bugs they are minor enough to overlook for now. Most of the bigger issues have been fixed. The official release for the complete version 1.0 is set for December 20th. That's a week from now.

Its been almost 9 months since the first test version. And now. 20 million sales later. It has officially outsold the sum of every COD and GTA game ever made. That's massive. At any given time of the day. There are an estimated 2 million people playing concurrently. That's more than the amount of people playing DOTA. It continues to break its own records and you have to wonder when its momentum will slow down. Especially considering that this all happened before it was even officially released.

I personally can't stop playing it. Every. Single. Day. It may sound like a bold statement. But PUBG is without a doubt the most fun game I have ever played. Hands down. It is completely unpredictable. Which I think is the key behind its success. I mean I have had a few uneventful rounds sure. But for the most part. No game has ever had such a real effect on me physically. Ask anyone. Ones elevated heart rate is this amusing little inside joke between those who play the game. We're all nervous. And its probably why everyone keeps coming back.

Edited by popcorn_skollie

I'm not sure who else here plays PUBG. But if you do pm me if you want to squad up with us. Been playing the new map with all its new features on the test server. While its still riddled with bugs they are minor enough to overlook for now. Most of the bigger issues have been fixed. The official release for the complete version 1.0 is set for December 20th. That's a week from now.

Its been almost 9 months since the first test version. And now. 20 million sales later. It has officially outsold the sum of every COD and GTA game ever made. That's massive. At any given time of the day. There are an estimated 2 million people playing concurrently. That's more than the amount of people playing DOTA. It continues to break its own records and you have to wonder when its momentum will slow down. Especially considering that this all happened before it was even officially released.

I personally can't stop playing it. Every. Single. Day. It may sound like a bold statement. But PUBG is without a doubt the most fun game I have ever played. Hands down. It is completely unpredictable. Which I think is the key behind its success. I mean I have had a few uneventful rounds sure. But for the most part. No game has ever had such a real effect on me physically. Ask anyone. Ones elevated heart rate is this amusing little inside joke between those who play the game. We're all nervous. And its probably why everyone keeps coming back.

My 17 year old son (Mini Savage) plays it. A lot. Too much. I have to sit with him about his 41% for Physics after playing too much. 

Maybe you can team up with him a bit. I will PM you his in game name.

I weighed up the lot, and decided against all advice to go for the Intel X299 platform and LGA 2066. Processor for now a Kaby-Lake X i7-7740 X. Added to that also the Samsung 960 Evo 250GB .M2 SSD and Corsair H100i water cooling for the CPU, and then 16GB of 3000 DDR4.

Experience has told me that if Intel fights back, they fight hard. So I am planning to eventually get an i9 20 core CPU when the prices come down.

Sjoe! Very naaaais! As it stands now you should be fine for gaming. Overkill even. I wouldn't bother with an i9 just for gaming. The 7740x has plenty of headroom. Even if you're gaming at 4k. If the build is primarily for gaming. I would consider future upgrades more along the lines of a dual gpu setup instead of upping the cpu. Like two 1080's or something. For gaming. Your money will be better spent on a killer SLI config on that platform. You wont see much performance boost in games moving from an i7 to an i9. Most games don't take advantage of all those cores. But you will see a massive improvement with two gpu's. The i9 also runs absurdly hot. So the h100 you have now wont cut it under load. It will keep up but barely. You really want a fat 360mm rad to cool that puppy down. Or a custom loop. 

Sjoe! Very naaaais! As it stands now you should be fine for gaming. Overkill even. I wouldn't bother with an i9 just for gaming. The 7740x has plenty of headroom. Even if you're gaming at 4k. If the build is primarily for gaming. I would consider future upgrades more along the lines of a dual gpu setup instead of upping the cpu. Like two 1080's or something. For gaming. Your money will be better spent on a killer SLI config on that platform. You wont see much performance boost in games moving from an i7 to an i9. Most games don't take advantage of all those cores. But you will see a massive improvement with two gpu's. The i9 also runs absurdly hot. So the h100 you have now wont cut it under load. It will keep up but barely. You really want a fat 360mm rad to cool that puppy down. Or a custom loop. 

Yup. A dual GTX 1080 Ti rig would be very good, but pricey for now. Damn the bloody miners that keep on pushing up the demand for high end GPUs.

Will see if the price drops a bit on release on the Xbox One.

It looks like an awesome game though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro