[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Cullinan

Tim_Fair

Its not the concrete strips its the section after that that is the killer. Radio tower descent, careful. Pray at the church, that blixem section is a %&%^&^$&^$% ....... (blixem). Enjoy the river coming back.

Yea the slabs themselves are steep but not bad...its that loose rocky stuff afterwards...save matches, don't burn them, there.

Waaahaaa jou blixem popped me like a little girl last year.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the feedback.

With regards to this years race, I would just like to clear up a few things:

Congestion/Bottlenecks

I understand your frustration regarding the congestion, however it was unfortunately not possible to separate the different distances through the reserve as there was only 1 exit and route back into town. Next year we will look at the possibility of reversing the route so that the split and more technical sections are sooner in the race and the merge is closer to the finish.

As for those who took their frustrations out on other riders, please rather try to settle these matters through the official channels in the future. Get the culprits race number and report him to the organizers...if it is a serious matter (such as swearing or physical assault of another rider) I assure you that the rider will be dealt with accordingly!

Extra distance

The marathon distance was 4.8km longer then advertised. The advertised distance of 70km was published months ago before the routes were even confirmed. Due to land access issues, the race had to be lengthened - the organizers have every right to change the route if deemed necessary.

The actual race distance was mentioned to all batches by the MC during rider briefing.

Difficulty of route

Designing a route to cater for EVERY level of rider is impossible! I try to incorporate something for everyone, and maintain a good balance of fun/technical and easy riding.

For those of you who think that the rocky climb was unridable, it wasn't - many of the pros rode all the way up!

For those of you complaining about too little single track - this is because of the routes merging and the anticipated congestion.

Littering

The amount of litter that I picked up on the route after the race was disgusting. I understand that bottles fall out on the descents but there is NO excuse for Gu packets and energy bar wrappers to be scattered all over the course, and even less excuse to leave your punctured tubes, along with insulation tape, used bombs and all sorts of other unwanted spares out there!

Thanks for understanding.

When will people learn about the littering!!

Just stick it back into your pocket or under your shorts...

probably one of the number one reasons to not being allowed back onto the land.

Fork, I need a packet of blitz

yes... maybe you should take a fork this time! :P

thanx guys, kind of sh%^&ting myself already :eek:

No no no...its the crown jewel in the nissan series, always the best one and most enjoyable. Also good way to learn some of the vg trails.

Pieter these are the three sections I mentioned earlier

Concrete slabs

http://app.strava.com/segments/952575

Radio down

http://app.strava.com/segments/2619149

jou blixem

http://app.strava.com/segments/2607412

Hi Rouxtjie

Thanks a million for this, I sincerely appreciate it!

Thinking of riding it at least a few times before the race itself! Haven't ridden at VG yet so should go and try it out first!

Again, thanks alot!

Edited by PieterL

Does anyone have the 40km profile? The 70km does not look like the one I am going to choose for my first 70km attempt....all those things about matches/slabs/praying....think I will look for an easier ~70

For those of you who think that the rocky climb was unridable, it wasn't - many of the pros rode all the way up!

I must be a total NOOB because I thought there is no way someone rides up there!

But if I lose 10kg more it should make it easier :whistling:

Thanks for the feedback Tim and listening to all comments.

Littering

The amount of litter that I picked up on the route after the race was disgusting. I understand that bottles fall out on the descents but there is NO excuse for Gu packets and energy bar wrappers to be scattered all over the course, and even less excuse to leave your punctured tubes, along with insulation tape, used bombs and all sorts of other unwanted spares out there!

When will the stage race rule be implemented at the local races, it is absurd the littering. At the Oyster Festival MTB race the roadies littered the Knysna Forest ssssoooo badly, its totally disgusting. Eg. Joberg2c rules state: 11. I understand that if I drop a gel packet or any other litter I will face immediate disqualification from the event

No no no...its the crown jewel in the nissan series, always the best one and most enjoyable. Also good way to learn some of the vg trails.

Hakahana came in a very close 2nd, pity you missed it last year.

Unfortunately it clashes with 3 Towers this year

:(